[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Twin Towers

Twin Towers

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby RoboCop » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 am

After 8 years of the twin towers being completely condemned and thousands of New York casualties that occured in September 11th 2001. Those people who lost their lives, family and career mourn to the 8th anniversary.
[APG] Franchise Holder - UK-TF Admin
RoboCop

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:00 pm

No honestly and seriously. I feel for all those people who lost their lives. But I feel even worse for the more people dying in a useless war. I mean how many people were on that Plane? In that Building? How many people died? Compare that to what's happening now. Because it's not in our faces, Americans don't see it as such a big deal as 9/11 cause we aren't watching it.

I went to Ground Zero by the way when I went to New york. They are rebuilding it and one of the construction workers say that she and a bunch of other people see ghost while working. HOW EXITING

Marshtomp

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:52 pm

I'd like to point out the difference between war (soldiers), and terrorism (civilians), as a possible answer to your point about perceptions. That is all.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Marshtomp

Postby SiberianJack » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 am

As a combat veteran whose served in Afghanistan I can tell you that the war isn't sad or useless. There are plenty of people I've met who've embraced the freedom we brought. They welcome us into their town with open arms and ask for our protection. Their women no longer veil. And they no longer worry about the Taliban coming to lop off their head for 'religious infractions' or for 'opposition to power.' Their females can now go to schools. They receive plenty of foreign assistance we hand out. New books, clothes, and engineering projects. But there are those that /do/ view us as the infidel. And their view doesn't end with 'I want them out of the country.' It ends with 'they are non-believers and should all be massacred.' And where as the Coalition will try to avoid civilian collateral damage as much as possible, the same concept does not exist to them. They will gladly massacre their own civilians to get to us. Or, when in our country, plan attacks against civilian targets.
But all this dwells off topic.
RIP to the 2,974 people who lost their lives. Most who never saw it coming. And respects to their many families that were left behind.
As well as RIP to all those who have lost their life in service since then. And my forever indebtedness to my nine brothers in arms I've lost and the rest that I can't wait to see come back safe.
In game Handle: SiberianJack
Wounded Soldier With Nothing Better To Do.
SiberianJack

Postby RoboCop » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Remembrance Day will be there soon to pay our respects to the loss of a estimated 2 billion lives lost from WW1 and so on. May there lives be rest in peace and to the veterans who also lost their friends and colleagues of the war plus to the lives of the people in the twin towers.
[APG] Franchise Holder - UK-TF Admin
RoboCop

Return to Pound Chatter