[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Website

Website

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:36 pm

I have a website now.

It's pretty poor at the moment; most of the links don't work. But I have it, and I will fill out all the missing links, and update the fonts, and so on, and so forth.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Austin

Postby pablofiasco » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:34 pm

http://www.urbandecayonline.com

its a mostly dead site, but i can call it my own :)
pablofiasco

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Austin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Generally speaking I figured you'd have several people all searching at once, or searching intermittently between shooting zombies. And I also wanted it to be somewhat difficult, just because the whole idea is you get a Useful Item, and then just have to make a mad dash to another designated location. Once there, you win, more or less. Granted it wouldn't be especially enjoyable if you were to just stand around and search every turn while other people killed zombies, but it's assumed you're there to kill zombies as much as get out alive. Plus, if you just sit there and search, that's an extra twenty-four zombies that either your friends need to deal with, or are going to be waiting for you outside. And that's a lot of zombies.

It's also a half-assed game that I never completely finished or playtested. I just sat down for an hour or two and said, "I think I'll make a zombie attack game."

I'm also very imaginative with my game titles. Can't you tell?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Austin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Being an avid nerd and tabletop lover I tend to like reading half-asked things and making them better.
Austin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Given that they're annoying me and difficult to read at small sizes & certain fonts, I'm thinking of replacing my title graphics for my page:

Plus, I don't think the gold fits terribly well when every single other thing on the site is some variation on green.

I'm also debating whether 'every single thing on the site is some variation on green' is a good thing.

Thoughts?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Website, Try Two
Technically it's try three. I realized that I tend to write things in blog format and then revise them into a more polished end result that I could share. So I figured I'd append a Wordpress blog onto my main page.

Then after hammering on Wordpress for a while I realized I could get it to display pages in a form not terribly unlike my website. Only better. And I came up with a fancy new title, too. So I moved the blog to the front, and got a new domain name, and now I'm getting lots of stuff up. The zombie attack game and combat card game are not up of yet, but this is mostly just because I want to de-emphasize them by doing them after my other projects.

Personally one of my favorites is the On The Nature Of Dwarves thing, if for no other reason than the quotes. There's a lot more to it that isn't written down, specifically the whole "It's a brick!" conversation, which I found hilarious. But I was also loaded with caffiene and sugar at the time, and my humor is... singular.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Austin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 am

This is still up from when I was going to change my layout: http://beta.yqmonline.com . I never got around to it :X
Austin

Return to Pound Chatter