Suggestions for the community

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Twilight » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:03 am

What about a !flag command that would flag the user's Steam ID and Nickname, and send it to an admin/mod along with a demo of what they were doing at the time they were flagged? In addition, it wouldn't show up in chat. You could also include a reason such as:
!flag *person/steam ID* *reason*
Without the asterisks, of course.
User avatar
Twilight
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:50 pm

the demo part looks complex, but i think the script for sourcmod of flagging looks feasable
Image
Image
User avatar
Dr. Furry
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Postby SilverWolf » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I wouldn't think it's possible to send a demo through a command while in-game, since the demo is supposedly still running/recording, what it can do (and I could probably script something like this sometime) would be to let players issue that command with the userid/steamid and the reason, logging it into a seperate file along with a timestamp.

This, mixed with having a SourceTV recording the matches on some of the servers would let the admin check the proper demo and see it for himself, though I can see this becoming...somewhat complicated, since the demos are normally big considering the length of the matches and it would prolly need a weekly/monthly "cleanup".
Image
User avatar
SilverWolf
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Portugal

Postby Twilight » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:07 pm

It is the mods/admins responsibility to upkeep the servers. However earlier it was horrible as their were 2 people with aimbots and no Admins on, that were on my list since Witchie deleted me when I was gone for like a month. I think the one guy had a wallhack too. And it's beyond me why you would use a aimbot with huntsman, but this isn't the place for this.

Mainly: A !flag command so that the SourceTV would record the player flagged for the duration of the match, with his Steam ID, and would notify a Mod/Admin to check the demo of the player for further investigation. Doesn't sound too hard to me, but of course I don't have experience in this field.
User avatar
Twilight
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Jinx » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Twilight wrote:It is the mods/admins responsibility to upkeep the servers. However earlier it was horrible as their were 2 people with aimbots and no Admins on, that were on my list since Witchie deleted me when I was gone for like a month. I think the one guy had a wallhack too. And it's beyond me why you would use a aimbot with huntsman, but this isn't the place for this.

Mainly: A !flag command so that the SourceTV would record the player flagged for the duration of the match, with his Steam ID, and would notify a Mod/Admin to check the demo of the player for further investigation. Doesn't sound too hard to me, but of course I don't have experience in this field.


Just because somebody is a better player does not mean they are a hacker. We use extreme care in identifying and stopping hackers and it is a safe assumption to make that any TFP game you play will be hacker-free, especially when it's populated by regulars. TFP is home to some very good players and as a whole the community is leaps and bounds beyond other pub servers. In any case if no immediate admins are available you can usually always grab one in TFP chat.
User avatar
Jinx
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 pm
Location: Engine room

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Twilight wrote:It is the mods/admins responsibility to upkeep the servers. However earlier it was horrible as their were 2 people with aimbots and no Admins on, that were on my list since Witchie deleted me when I was gone for like a month. I think the one guy had a wallhack too. And it's beyond me why you would use a aimbot with huntsman, but this isn't the place for this.

Mainly: A !flag command so that the SourceTV would record the player flagged for the duration of the match, with his Steam ID, and would notify a Mod/Admin to check the demo of the player for further investigation. Doesn't sound too hard to me, but of course I don't have experience in this field.


Also. Just so you guys know, because I keep seeing you guys suggesting a thing that remotely turns on a demo recording from our server....ummm...well, that is kinda...bad...

Think of it this way. That would allow every single community member to have the ability to start a recording, which would start to save a demo to some sort of remote harddrive...and start filling it up. With no way to police who has the command, it would rapidly fill up our harddrives :P

In general, go with what Jinx said, as Chat always an admin in it, or someone that can get one.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
User avatar
Sekh765
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Great State of Texas

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:41 am

SilverWolf wrote:since the demos are normally big considering the length of the matches and it would prolly need a weekly/monthly "cleanup".


like I said in my own post above. Also, if "record" is used more than once, it just stops the previous demo, so the command would become somewhat useless.

A better idea (that I described in another thread IIRC) would be to make a PHP-coded page where players could upload demos, along with a description of the "hack" and the suspects Steam ID and (optionally) the nickname.
This way, the admins would have an easier job as they would have access to the same "page" and have the ability to check the demos whenever they want to, and finally delete the demo from the "drive" after it has been evaluated. A simple yet helpful system in my opinion.
Image
User avatar
SilverWolf
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Portugal

Postby Dr. Furry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

SilverWolf wrote:A better idea (that I described in another thread IIRC) would be to make a PHP-coded page where players could upload demos, along with a description of the "hack" and the suspects Steam ID and (optionally) the nickname.
This way, the admins would have an easier job as they would have access to the same "page" and have the ability to check the demos whenever they want to, and finally delete the demo from the "drive" after it has been evaluated. A simple yet helpful system in my opinion.


source mods have that, when i was an admin in xfg we had that to submit demos and ban people
Image
Image
User avatar
Dr. Furry
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

ah yes I forgot, SourceBans, though I was suggesting something more customized :P

also: http://www.sourcebans.net/manual#webpanel_bans thanks for reminding me of this addon Dr. Furry.
Image
User avatar
SilverWolf
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Portugal

Postby RoboCop » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:26 pm

My suggestion would be to have those IRC channels by QuakeNet. Maybe have those mIRC bot for admins to know if policing is needed to kick or ban those trolls and antifurries. I mean they do make you mad and tend to give you a hell of a mood swing. :evil: IRC doesn't need costing charges nor use much bandwidth. But that would be not useful for public chats which I think is why the TFP Steam chat is here for, but for a private admin IRC channels with those mIRC bots that monitor the servers would provide a strong organisation.
Image
Image
Image
[APG] Franchise Holder - UK-TF Admin
User avatar
RoboCop
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Pound Chatter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron