Suggestions for the community

Share an update, post a greeting, thread a meme or roleplay: Anything offtopic in other forums are ontopic here so post it here!

Postby Zareth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 pm

hm. votekick sounds like a good idea..though it may get abused. I know a few people who might abuse it. Will it be monitored or something though? Like, oh wow, this spy got a facestab D: VOTEKICK KTHX.
Zareth

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 pm

I'd like to think votekick wouldn't get abused, but I have to agree with Zareth. Some people will just be retarded with it. :\
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah...

In the past, I'da said OMG GO FOR IT PLEASE, because really the only abusers were random pubs floating about, or the occasional griefer.

But we have a lot of er...members... who'd be more than happy to try and start a votekick against anyone that can kill them, and some still who'd do the same over any femme to come over mic.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Yeah- I've already had the 'fun' of managing to pull off a win on a map only to have the admin playing the game proceed to kill off my entire team as retaliation. I would really rather not give kicking or muting options to the playerbase at large. Even if I complain about people constantly talking at high volume during a match, I don't think that would go over well.

Edit: Just to make this clear, I don't remember who the admin was in question, but I'm just about 100% positive it was not on a TFP server. If for no other reason than the fact that I know it was an admin whose name I didn't recognize. I didn't pay a lot of attention to what was going on as it was just one round on one map on one day among many (not that I pay a whole hell of a lot of attention anyways) but I do remember that. And I think I know all TFP's server admins by name.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Twilight » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Buuut it is a good idea for when we have some people who won't shut up (such as mic spam, or whining)
Also good for the "4channers" we get as visiters. Like yesterday
Twilight

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:54 pm

Until some asses invade a server as they are wont to do every few weeks and start abusing the shit out of it. Sorry, We have admins/mods who know the rules and I'd prefer to just leave kick/ban in their hands. :\
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Quite true. And honestly, I also know that I can get very frustrated and angry about the way a game's going. Simply as an introspective thing, I wouldn't trust myself with the ability to kick or ban someone in those situations. To say nothing of instances where team A calls for someone on team B to get kicked or banned, and then team B loses the match. That's just asking for team B to blame the loss on the kick/ban, and then attempt to retaliate.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

The problem is if you make the requirement too high, not enough people will care to vote on it or pay attention, and if you make it too low, it's too easy to abuse. Whilst I support the idea, implementation and considering things is not easy.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm

i still think a possible solution would be "not-admin" mods
figuring out someway to give a few of the trusted community memebers access to one or two "useful" commands or pre-set vote style vote things maybe?
pablofiasco

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Pablo's idea is perhaps the best I see for handling things...

"Mini" Mods among trusted users; they wouldn't have the full power of a standard mod or admin, (although I'm not sure what power our mods NOW have as opposed to our admins? o_o; If...any, on the servers? )

They'd have a few standard abilities, decidable based on whatever seems best, I guess, and there'd be more of them. You'd still have to refer to a higher-up as it were for some things, but it would put people out there when our admins can't be there, and would take a biiiiiiiiiig weight off their shoulders.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

PreviousNext

Return to Pound Chatter