[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - rotating game server?

rotating game server?

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby heroofnone » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:45 am

Evening, someone suggested I post the idea here.

its rather simple, we take 3-4 games that have low fan base or you might only be able to stand in small doses (face it, you like some games but playing them 7 days a week gets dull) and we rotate which game runs. The ones I am currently recommending:

counterstrike
zombie panic
day of defeat
Half life 2 death match

if you don't have the resources and all servers are being fully utilized I more then willingly with draw the request. If we have the space it would help expand. thank you.
heroofnone

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:27 pm

I'll bring it up with the admins, but it's not a bad idea. Additions to the games:

The Ship
UT2k4
Killing Floor
Witchiebunny

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:34 pm

:o -perks at mention of zombie panic-
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:43 pm

I'd also like to throw some game suggestions up.
Fistfull of Frags
Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II
Sven Co-op.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:57 pm

What's stopping me from playing Counterstrike: Source is probably a decent server... so.

But I'm only really able to help with servers of games that I actually own. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Well, it's hard to test if things like Sourcemod and such works if you don't even own the game. Nothing really stops me from helping to set up, but I had UT2k4 in mind when I made that post, I have no idea how that game works on a advanced level, how to set up and use it's cvars.

And nor would it stop other admins from setting up servers, we have Endeavour3D too if you forgot.

And you seem to misunderstood my post for "I don't have those games so we can't host those servers" which is simple not true. I just meant that I'm probably unable to help.

Plus different games uses different technologies. I don't know how UT2k4 dedicated servers works for example. I can probably help with The Ship dedicated servers since they use the Source engine.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I am of the opinion that we should only bother with games that seem to have a certain percentage of a following.

It's a waste to rotate to a game of 'Pony Adventures' just because two or three people want a server to themselves for it.

That said, suggest your titles but READ OTHER POSTS and see if you can also show some support for the titles they propose. We'll see what we can do.

EDIT:
And to take my own advice: Unreal Tournament 2004 would be my prime choice.
Unreal 3, I could suffer if folk wished.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Good point Nikky, and we should probably have some poll to see what kind of games that would be popular to host.

Lately amongst my friends, I mostly seen UT2k4 and Counter-strike: Source so maybe one of those two games might be a good idea to look into.

In the past we used to now pick up a random mod, have Endeavour3D host a server and play it for a weekend or so until people get bored on the mod. Infact, we have a quite few mod servers installed on the TFP servers (Zombie Master and Pirates vs Vikings), they're just inactive. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Endeavour3d » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Since people requested it, I've added a UT2k4 server, though it's half-assed since I don't know shit about UT2k4, and people will need to tell me when they want to switch gameplay since there's a dozen different types, but it is up and running if people want to play it.
Endeavour3d

Next

Return to Alternative Games