[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Fable 3: Leaked! A Study in Not Grasping an NDA...

Fable 3: Leaked! A Study in Not Grasping an NDA...

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Those of us who work in the inbred top-heavy cesspit that is the games industry know how seriously publishers, developers..hell, even testing houses..take the NDA. The Non-Disclosure Agreement. An agreement which you typically agree to before inclusion on a project or the start of a project which legally binds you against discussing the projects to which you are assigned, before it can be released (and sometimes after, too). It's serious business for many companies. Being fired is likely the lightest form of punishment if you break an NDA (In some cases you could also recieve certain fines for damages if a court deems such). Employers and companies generally make sure that people understand the scope of an NDA before they sign them on to anything.

That said, Jonathan Ross, it's bewilderingly amazing that you could be so flippant about leaking the existance of such a highly anticipated title like Fable 3. On Twitter, of all things!

Story covered by Shacknews, here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57605

I haven't done more than play a small bit of Fable 2, but I know how into the series certain people are, and that this slip-up is likely the very thing they were praying for..and something Lionhead, its marketing department and its partners are all slapping their foreheads and inventing new cursewords over.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:02 pm

well considering LH had already announced around 4-5 times at least during the development of Fable II on their site that they were planning to do a Fable 3, 4, and perhaps even 5... so i doubt it is that big of a deal since he really didn't say much of anything about it that wasn't already known... personally i just hope that so many sequels don't ruin it :| but meh LH will do what LH wants to do.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Purplecat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:03 am

It's not really saying much about Fable other than the voice actor being in it...

And even with the NDA's stuff wind up being leaked. That was the fact for one of the past updates by Valve in TF2. But it's usually done as rumors, so it tend to get lost in a sea of literally crap and can't be confirmed until stuff is released.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:17 pm

All of these friggin' comedians I've never heard of keep landing voice acting gigs in games - maybe I should try doing some work in that hellhole of an industry for a while and see if it lands me anything good heh.

That said, I'm surprised they're planning on putting out a Fable 3 on the 360 platform. I always kind of expected them to release one per gen as kind of a tech show-off of the new consoles' power. Although they innevitably never really live up to all the potential that they're hyped up to be anyway, so maybe this will be a well polished upgrade of an already pretty cool game. I've always liked Fable's sense of humor and social interactivity, as well as it's zelda-esque yet not-zelda gameplay style - but I always felt like they were holding back with both installments so far.
JimmyChopblock

Return to Alternative Games