[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Long Songs in Audiosurf

Long Songs in Audiosurf

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Doom » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Probably the silliest idea I ever had a few days ago, was to load up a 58-minute song in Audiosurf just for the very hell of it. Despite a crammed arm, and many swearing'nz at every of my three overfills, it was quite the fun hour.

So what I suggest to you people is: If you have Audiosurf, find the longest song you have. Can't be over a hour, but try to get one at least 45 minutes. If you don't have any, load up your favorite audio-editor and just mash all your favorite songs together in one long sound-file; fade in and outs if you want it to not seems to corny.

It's a great way to rid yourself of a hour, and a lot of fun in the process.
Knowing you people, here are some pictures for fun. :V

I plan to make the most downhill one I possibly can, around a hour long, only out of Doom-Music-Remixes, I have. I'll call it my journey to hell and back. :v

And as I said before, give this a whirl. It's quite a bit of fun and a easy way to waste a hour.
Doom

Postby D.O.P.R » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 pm

The longest I've done so far was 15min of static.

I've been thinking about taking one of my audiobook tracks (about 20min each) and doing them.

D.O.P.R
D.O.P.R

Postby Purplecat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:59 pm

The oddest track I did was Hardcanyon, a failed recording attempt of the classical canyon.mid. Sadly it wasn't very fun to play, as the game had a hard time to interpret the noise as music. ;)

As for longest, maybe I cheat and just combine various songs to combine into a really long one.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Doom » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Doom

Postby Fernin » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:16 am

Doom, does your song graph go from right to left? oO Mine goes Left to right.......

edit: For uber long hard songs to put back to back into a single file.... I sudgest incorperating these...

Artist: Pendulum
-songs-
Blood Sugar (8703 beats Per minute....................................................Yah.)
Slam
Voodoo People

Artist: Suicide Commando
-songs-
Hell Raiser (Psychopath 01 mix)
Face of Death (Blind Rage Mix)
Face of Death (Tatical Sekt Mix)
Fuck You Bitch
Cause of Death: Suicide (Remix version by Grendel)

Artist: Velvet Acid Christ
-Songs-
Cyber Communists Plotting Red Revolt
Zix Zix Zix (666 remix)
Speedball O.D. (hardest song I've done yet owing to a triple corkscrew about halfway through the song during a solid red tunnel)
Psychoacktive Landscape
Ghost Regen (Fractured Coils Version)
Murder the World

Artist:Electric Six
-songs-
Dance Commander
Nuclear War
Chocolate Pope (ok, so it's not hard but...But it's amusing...)
Gay Bar
Rubber Rocket

Artist: Marilyn Manson
-songs-
MOBscene
Born Again
Burning Flag
King Kill
Same Strange Dogma
Irresponsible Hate Anthem

Artist: Cradle of Filth
Any song really. Speed or not the rapid tempo changes kick my ass. >.>

Artist: Dimmu Borgir
-Songs-
Puritania
Sinister Awakening
In Death's Embrace
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Cataclysm Children (First song I ever failed on Mono Ninja Iron)
Eradication Instincts Defined (ok, not the best song but the wonderful orcastra opening that mkaes up the first 1:40 deserves to be heard by anyone who likes music)
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Ferto12 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Only 41 minutes long, so it TECHNICALLY doesn't fit the requirements, but it's close enough.

Fun as heck.

I also just finished encoding a 59 minute long ambient song, so I'll see how that goes in a bit.
Ferto12

Postby Kellervo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:40 am

I have a 58 minute playlist cued up. Most of the songs on their own are yellow-orange-red massacres, will be interesting to see how Audiosurf handles it.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Doom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm going to try to, with Beowulf's help, create 59 minutes of 300 traffic congestion. AKA: Hell
Doom

Postby RumRunner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Ferto12 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 am

Ferto12

Next

Return to Alternative Games