Far cry 2 / Sacred 2

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Echoen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 pm

So has anyone checked out / played either of these games yet? I've been peeking at them but I like to be an informed gamer before I lob down 50+ bucks for a game. I want to know if I'd like it or not. Sure there's always torrenting for 'try before you buy' but if anyone can put some feedback on these games here, that'd be coo'.
Echoen

Postby Wulfie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Haven't played either of the two myself.

Mainly because;

1) I never really liked Far Cry 1
2) FPSes have to have a lot of appeal to me to even work.
3) Having little to no experience of singleplayer/multiplayer non-MMO RPGs makes me cautious of buying such games
4) Sacred 2 needs 20 flippin' Gigs to install, geeze!!

So, as far as the games are concerned, can't tell you much other than 'be sure to have a lot of hard drive space available'.
Wulfie

Postby pablofiasco » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:26 pm

got farcry 2,
singleplayer,while fun at times, might as well be called "drive across africa" mode, Drive here, drive there, with brief spurts of violence inbweet.

Multiplayer is a bit better, with some huge, buetifully designed maps, and i just love setting fires to burn those #$%^ing snipers out of hiding.

really, thou, overall, the game just dosent feel finished to me, i just cant put my finger on whats cuases that feeling however :(

i Defiently see modding potential in it however

edit: i'd either wait until the price drops a bit, or "cough" the fell off the back of the internt *cough* version
pablofiasco

Postby caigan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Sacred 2...is pure B movie insanity in a diablo 2 style game. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, just look at this video with an 'in game concert' by Blind Guardian and the intro movie cut together : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9fmAUAZAuc

In all, the game is pretty fun if you like Diablo style games. The humor in it had me groaning and laughing. There's annoying parts (your character loves to say the same line repeatedly while smashing enemies), but those are forgivable. The game world is pretty large.

I suggest trying the demo at least, or if you can find someone with a physical copy of the game, letting you borrow it, as it allows you to install the full game on your machine and try it for 24 hours to see if you like it. (just don't register the serial or anything, it does allow you to install it on 2 machines, but only one machine will be able to play it at a time with the copy protection system it has)
------------
Caigan MythFang / Psycho Wolf Pup / Kowa Laoka
WOOOLLFRREETTTTTTTT!!!
"I am more realistic than you can ever be, for I live within Fantasy!"
Color Artist and sorta-owner of House Rules - Ozy and Millie strips in COLOR!
caigan

Postby Kellervo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:01 am

Basically, if STALKER SoC cried for a fast travel, Farcry 2 begs for it like a thousand kindergarten classes crying for ice cream. The gunfights are fun, but there's -too- much driving. WAY too much.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Dakk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:40 pm

I plan on getting Farcry 2, I played the first but got stuck at one point and just went on a rampage of violent flailing of an M16. That was my Exp of the First Farcry.

The Second one however, Farcry *Instincts* I had a blast with, The hunting of Mercs. The Ripping of throats. The speed. The Jumps. The Traps. Not to mention the Map Building! I absolutly loved it.

The Second Farcry Instincts was a major let down for me, It actually made me give up on Consol games ;-; Beat it in an hour, Horribly disappointing.

I'm getting Farcry 2 because of the idea of options
-Snipe Enemy's leg
-Enemy Cries for help
-Enemy's buddy comes.
-Enemy's Buddy helps Enemy
-Single shot at the right angle equals 2 deaths.
Second Option
-Light it up with explosives, Gernade (Gernade Launcher), Rocket Launcher, Pipe Bombs and Mines.
-Wait for the fireworks, walk in and clean up the straglers
Third Option
-Light everything on fire. (Ignus would love it :3)

Anyway that is my idea. The game includes custom maps plus a beautiful landscape, I never really got into the point and click games, but its your money. I know what I'm spending mine on 8-) 8-) 8-) .

Edit: PS: YOU CAN SNAP YOUR FUCKING ARM BACK INTO PLACE!! HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?! :D :lol: :D :lol:
Dakk

Return to Alternative Games