[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - X-COM: Saving the world with furries

X-COM: Saving the world with furries

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby River » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 pm

I'll be Saboteur :3
River

Postby Kellervo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 am

Fitness Testing is in~

Fastest: Wulfie / River
Best Endurance: Keller
Highest Health: Rum Runner
Bravery: Mirri
Reaction Time: Arcalane
Accuracy: Wulfie / Arcalane
Throwing Arm: Doom
Best Haymaker: Tie: Stray & Jinx
Strongest: Mirri

There's still eight (!) positions left aboard the good ol' Skyranger 1, as well as 20 other positions in base defense / replacement meat-shields.

Captain Arcalane
Sergeant Doom
Sergeant Keller

The site of X-COM's first base is situated in Western Europe. Best location, considering it allows one to protect seven of the major funding nations, and most importantly, Russia. The base layout's been heavily modified from the norm due to security issues, with the access points kept seperate from the actual guts of the base. 50 of the world's finest scientists are hard at work on researching laser rifles.

I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Arcalane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:59 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Pythonthesnake » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 am

I wanna be a sniper :p if not then ill just go for a lowly rifleman xD
Leave us snipers alone we just wanna snipe other people in peace D:
Pythonthesnake

Postby Wulfie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:26 am

Wulfie

Postby Kellervo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:14 am

Good news and bad news. The first three investigations are complete, but at a price.

The first and second were uneventful, with only two recorded kills, one each to Sergeant Keller and Captain Arcalane.

An Interceptor shot down a UFO dangerously close to the base, so the Skyranger was sent out to mop up any survivors. Small vehicle, so the prediction was seven or eight occupants. No idea how many survived the crash.

The group disembarked, led by Keller and Arcalane, and found no evidence of anything inhuman in the area.

Only one of the creatures was seen outside, and it was quickly gunned down when the entire squad was alerted by its pretty pathetic shots. The 'gray' will be examined at base once the scientists are done trying to design really fucking big lasers.

Eventually, a sweep confirmed none of the others had left the UFO, so the group started to line up and prepare for entry. For some reason, Doom did not feel like priming or planting the C4 charge, so the front door was the only option (Officer's note: he will be reprimanded back at base ;v).

The entry itself was rather anti-climatic. Only three aliens were found inside, and one was already dead from the crash. The other two went down quickly at Rum and River's hands, but both managed to let off several wild shots, hitting River, and another hit the squad's Captain, Arcalane. With Stray still near the landing craft, Keller had no choice but to administer the painkiller injections himself. (There is much giggity to be had)

River came pretty close to losing an arm.

On the way out of the UFO, the last alien made its appearance, apparently missed by the sweep done by the others. Like the others, it pulled off a couple shots, this time hitting Keller square in the chest and immediately incapacitating him. If it weren't for the fact Doom reacted quickly and cut down the enemy, we'd already be short a soldier only a day into the war. :v

Mission 1 Report:

I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby River » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:26 am

My arm ;-;...

Also lol, "River Blue" >.>
River

Postby Wulfie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 pm

Okies, this is making me want to play it myself!
Wulfie

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:27 pm

awww, i see no pablo in teh roster :(
surely theres some sort of flame weapon in this game?
pablofiasco

Postby Arcalane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Nope. Not unless you count incendiary munitions for the H-Cannon, AutoCannon and Rocket Lawnchair. There might be an incen grenade as well but I don't think so.

Fire has bad sides anyway IIRC. You get smoke around the fire, and it's hard to see through smoke. About the only benefit you do get is that anyone in the fire takes some abysmally small amount of fully armour-skipping damage every turn they spend on a fire tile. The AI is, as I recall, rather loathe to walk through fire, so I suppose it does have it's benefits as a temporary route blocker.

(ED: Reapers (the floater terror unit) take extra damage from fire munitions, but everything else is either resistant or not vulnerable, I think.)
Arcalane
Huzzah!

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Games