[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Red Orchestra 2

Red Orchestra 2

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Red Orchestra 2 Digital Deluxe edition beta starts tomorrow, we should have a 32 man server up for it! For those that don't know what RO is.....

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is the sequel to Red Orchestra, a realistic WW2 FPS made on the unreal engine. It supports a max of 64 players and has full dedicated servers like everyone always wants. TFP will be setting up a 32 person server to gauge interest in the game, and the IP will be posted sometime tomorrow. I recommend taking a look at these videos to get a feel for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcvyeekjq_s - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXRTQuPVSgk - Part 2

The game has sexy tanks and MGs and skill based gameplay, and if you prepurchase it now you get 10% off. If you own Red orchestra 1 you get an additional 10% off making the game only 30 dollars! :O

Drop a line here if you are buying it.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Jinx » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:21 pm

I've got it, but just the normal version. Can't wait to man me some tanks :twisted:
Jinx

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:32 am

Sweet jesus... Let me know when you wanna play and I'll be down. I should be finished with my classes after around 12:30-1 tomorrow.

Kinda funny that they're dropping the beta on the original planned release date of the full game. Trollface much Tripwire?
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Neyalun » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Neyalun

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

The beta is pretty fun even if there is obvious bugs about. Also campaign mode is missing, yet it looks like you can start it in the main menu. (You'd think they dummy that out or something quickly but oh well).

The game is quite different, the controls took a bit to get used to. I probably change the bindings around a little as the game kinda screwed with my habits (like trying to cancel prone/crouch with space).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Alternative Games