[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Steam F2P Games!

Steam F2P Games!

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:41 am

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free to Play/

So yeah, Steam is promoting F2P games now. What are you thinking about the games they're promoting?

Spiral Knights: I like it! It's an absolutely tiny install, and it's cute. Plus, probably get a TF2 hat from it. HAT!
Global Agenda: Already play this. It's fun. It's sort of like TF2, with jetpacks. If someone wants to get the Elite status for the game (normally a 1 time purchase of 20 bucks) I can give you a discount code for 6 bucks off. 2x XP, Money, and Tokens + Victory Reward.
Champions Online: Superheros... awaaaaay! If you like superheroes, it's fun. I bought a Lifetime subscription for it when it was 20% off, but it's a fun F2P game.
The Other 2: I'll have to try these out later. Haven't had a chance to check them out yet.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Oktoberwolf » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2328 already being discussed here Salen ;3

And yeah, these are quite interesting games about which i won't think twice about trying them
Oktoberwolf

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 pm

I know it's being discussed there, but that's TF2 related. This is just "in general" related. :ugeek:

Either way, I can't wait to see what else we get.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Wulfie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 am

Silly Oktober. Not every game is TF2.
Wulfie

Postby Oktoberwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 am

Oktoberwolf

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:06 pm

For those of us hoping GA would give TF2 a nice item for getting it, alas it would seem that's not going to happen.

Instead, we're going to get a full day of flying around inside Dome City for free.

No Champions Online info on Steam bonus stuff yet, and the other two games... I have no clue on.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Irukandji » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:01 pm

You forgot Alliance of Valiant Arms. I DL'd it and the game is rather Combat Arms-ish compared to what the coop trailers seem to depict. Of course, I feel the game itself suffers from the same as CA, but not nearly as...I dunno, visually pleasing and whatnot. I'm gonna keep it to see what we might get from it for now, but I'm gonna uninstall after Sunday - CA is enough for me, and I hardly play that anymore
Irukandji

Postby Oktoberwolf » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Oktoberwolf

Postby DamnedDragon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 am

(Very late, I know......)

What about APB Reloaded? I've played it before it hit steam, it's not that bad of a game. You need a GamersFirst account though. The customization, 'character, vehicle, and symbol', rivals the Elder Scrolls (!!!).
DamnedDragon

Postby Oktoberwolf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 am

I tried APB during the "new" Beta and i can't say i enjoyed it personally. Nice customization though, yeah.
Oktoberwolf

Next

Return to Alternative Games