[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Worms Reloaded - TFP Explosions and whatnot!

Worms Reloaded - TFP Explosions and whatnot!

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Makaze » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm still debating on it, I still have Armageddon and still play it regularly. I was wondering/waiting to see if any friends snagged it so I could ask them how it played/how fun it was.

Makaze

Postby Jinx » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Feature wise I'd say Armageddon still has Reloaded beat, but Team 17 said they're going to be continually adding new stuff to the game a la TF2 and they've got an ear to the community: it's likely they'll change the rope mechanics in Reloaded due to the outcry of it not being as "bouncy" and etc. Reloaded brings the game up to modern standards and works better on current machines (provided your drivers and DirectX are up to date and you aren't Jouster, sorry dude D: ) and the weapon set seems to be more efficient (yay for items like the gas pump which can help take out darksiding worms who dig themselves to safety). It's still the same old worms though which means it's still a blast and hilariously so when somebody's plan goes wrong :P
Jinx

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:50 pm

From Armageddon to Reloaded - What you need to know

-1 Mad Cow Bomb

+1 Buffalo of Lies

Done.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:52 pm

From the stuff they will add, it includes a way to customize speech banks, as they said themselves they were looking into it.

Also The rope is fine and balanced

Just hope T17 don't subdue to the crybabies.

I also love the wide arrange of anti-darkside weaponry, from the simple Gas Pump to the Bunker Busters
SilverWolf

Postby Purplecat » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm

I agree with the rope actually, the older worms games got way more focused on jumping around the level with the rope than actually projecting the projectiles, which was ridiculous sometimes.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Zareth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Convince me to buy this game. someone. ><

I loved worms armageddon, had hours of fun with it, was really let down by the 3D worms games, is this going to be worth my 20 dollars? :C
Zareth

Postby JeevesRoo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 am

I have it, and after I turned it on I went through half the campaign before I realised that any time had passed. Fffffff addiction. :3 :3 Still haven't played any multiplayer. Gonna have to try and find someone to break my cherry with... and throw cluster bombs at. :3
Ever bouncy, ever enthusiastic, ever Jeeves! :3
JeevesRoo

Postby Zareth » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:29 pm

I broke down and pirated it *sobs*

Any way, the grenade physics and stuff are really hard to get used to (again :p) but I liked it. Definately going to buy it, if not for the fact I can't use steam with it pirated. (TF2 dun recognize me D: )
Zareth

Postby Makaze » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Makaze

Postby Jinx » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

It is basically a graphical update of Armageddon, at the moment anyway, but they're taking a TF2 constant update approach to it. I could never get Worms Armageddon to run without issues on my newer computers though, even with the beta update patches. The weapon load out has changed slightly: the classic weapons like bazooka, grenade, shotgun, etc are there but some of the more unique weapons have been balanced / replaced with more sensible and useful weapons like the gas pump for flushing out darksiders who have tunneled themselves deep into the terrain. They've released a demo for it (link to it on the store page), so you might wanna take a look at that.
Jinx

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Games