[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Alien Swarm

Alien Swarm

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Free game on Steam (released from six hours of this writing). While I don't expect the same depth as L4D, it does look like it could be quite fun! And people are already puzzled with one of the achievements referring to Portal, and another to TF2 (You can get a Alien Swarm themed hat for TF2 by doing something in Alien Swarm?).

(I have to admit, I never played the orginal mod)
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:44 pm

I used to play the original mod awhile back with Arcalane and omg, it was a blast. From what I can remember it had more "puzzle" elements if you want to call it that. Doing stuff like hacking doors open, finding and activating certain devices, AVOIDING A ROOM FULL OF LASERS, etc. It was also super hard too.. having to keep your tech guy alive, healing people that became infected by a certain alien, bosses D: Can't wait to get it downloaded and play some games with everybody :twisted:
Jinx

Postby Wulfie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:55 pm

And it's been released a short while from this post.

edit: Eh well. With all the difficulty modes and L4D-like lobby UI, it looks like i'm going to take a sideline on this game just like I've done on the L4D series. Friends playing in full groups always or trying to drag me to Insane level difficulty matches and get fustrated when I don't have the skills to keep up with them.
Wulfie

Postby Gami » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 pm

ahhhh i love it so far.
It's diffrent from other games that's what makes it even better for me, especialy since i've never really played fps games from above.
and TESLA GUNS mhmmmm OH YESHHH <3

*ps. the slutcario is horrible at this game. always shooting his teammates, being such a lazy shot !!!*
Gami

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Didn't finish the last mission on hard yet.

I hope to do that tomorrow. Most people I was playing with was still learning the game. I personally mastered playing tech, but I should probably try out other classes.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby SilverWolf » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:23 pm

SilverWolf

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:17 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Wulfie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 am

Yep, some nice commands over here.
Wulfie

Postby SilverWolf » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 am

all/most of which originated from this thread