[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Valve E3 Surprise thread

Valve E3 Surprise thread

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

What will Valve's Surprise be?

Half Life 2: Episode Three
8%
Half Life 3
25%
Source 2
No votes
Source: Wii
No votes
Left 4 Dead 2: Episode One
No votes
Left 4 Dead 3
17%
Portal 2 Beta Codes
No votes
Portal 2 ARG
No votes
Counter Strike Source 2
No votes
TF2 Meet the Medic/Pyro or Engie Update
8%
New IP
No votes
Cake
42%

Total votes : 12

Postby Helios » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Per PC's suggestion, this is a thread for the "Surprise" Valve has planned at E3.

Quick recap for those just tuning in: When Valve initially announced Portal 2 would be shown at E3, they said they would have a reveal event of some kind at the Regal Theatre on June 14. Last week, Valve announced that while Portal 2 was still being shown, the event had been canceled and replaced with a "Surprise". The Valve community has been going crazy in terms of speculating what the "Surprise" is.

The following are the most popular theories pertaining to what the "Surprise" is:

Half Life 2: Episode Three: The most obvious suspect. It's been almost 3 years since the release of Episode Two, and other than some concept art and the occasional mention there hasn't been a lot of news pertaining to Episode Three, so of course fans are restless and want some news. However, because it's what everyone is expecting, it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Also some gaming sites are reporting that Gabe has stated that the surprise is not Episode Three.

Half Life 3: Valve is not above playing word games, and some speculate that the reason Episode Three isn't being shown is because Valve has skipped right to the full fleged sequel: Half Life 3. This is a valid theory in the sense that Valve may have decided that the features it wanted to include with Episode Three warranted a standalone game, similar to the decision to develop L4D2.

Source 2: Another theory is that it will be a tech demo for the next complete build of the Source engine, as opposed to Source 2010 which (presumeably) will power Portal 2. This has credibility due to the fact that Source may be starting to show it's age, and that the "Surprise" apparrently won't be of interest to console users (mainly PS3 and 360).

Source: Wii: I just thought of this one. A Soure port to the Nintendo Wii is entirely possible. As stated above, the "Surprise" apparently won't be of much interest to the PS3 or 360 crowd, and Gabe has stated that he would love to develop a title for the Wii. Sure the Wii is a bit lacking in graphical capability, but come on you gotta admit that Portal 2 on Wii would be cool!

Left 4 Dead 2: Episode One: Casually mentioned in an email from Gabe. It's a joke right? Right?

Left 4 Dead 3: *collective groan here* Let's be honest, it's a good series, but 3 of them in a row? Time to give the zombies a break.

Portal 2 Beta Codes: Endeav suggested this one. Beta codes for Portal 2, specifically the co-op. Though that would kinda defeat the purpose of showing Portal 2 at E3, but a co-op beta would be nice.

Portal 2 ARG: There's a definite chance that there will be some clues for the ARG at E3, but what these clues may be remains to be seen.

Counter Strike Source 2: I'm a tad skeptical about this one, but apparently it's been in development. Personally I found CS:S boring, but I'l be interested to see what Valve has in mind if they decide to show a sequel.
TF2 Meet the Medic/Pyro or Engie Update: I doubt Valve would show off the Engie update at E3 unless it has something big. However I think we'd all like to see Meet the Medic and Meet the Pyro.

New IP: Valve might just be showing a new IP that none of us can think of. It won't be the next Half Life (most likely) but it's always nice to see something new from Valve!

Cake: There really was a cake...

There's more theories but these are the ones I can think of atm. Post your thoughts here about them, as well as any other theories you come across. And be sure to tune in on June 14 to see what Valve has in store for us!
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:50 pm

Omnom.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Better be Half-Life. :c
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby SilverWolf » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:28 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Helios » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:23 pm

I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby skunkfox » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:42 pm

"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Gami » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 am

Half Life Half Life Half Life Half Life Half Life Half Life
oh and portal is fine too but HALF LIFE
Gami

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Someone is sure excited about radioactive decay.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Source Engine 2; Portal 2 and Half-Life Ep 3 will run on it, hence the delay.

Yeah, I don't believe it either. :V
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Next

Return to Alternative Games