[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - SpoRE

SpoRE

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Jake Monroe » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Let this be the thread for sharing friend stuff!
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby EuroVen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 pm

I know this is for friend stuff, but I find it weird looking at critics and voters, critics say it is a good game and voters say it is a bad game, which is it?
EuroVen

Postby Mirri » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:55 pm

It's a decent game, EuroVen. Most voters that are voting it down because of the three dreaded letters: DRM. EA fucked up really big with bringing DRM within 500 meters of any of their games, period. They've lost a LOT of customers and have only ENCOURAGED pirating their games by putting such restrictive protocols in place to FIGHT pirating. Even after somebody pays $50 for their game, once they've installed it 3 times, and they notice that they can't install it a 4th, and that EA wants ANOTHER $50 for ANOTHER key, guess where they'll come running to first? You guessed it. Good ol' thepiratebay.org (or your tracker of choice).
Mirri

Postby EuroVen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:11 pm

Oh wow, that is gay that you have to buy another if you can't install 3 times.
EuroVen

Postby Fernin » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 am

Stuff like DRM is why I...Ahem, aquire, most of my games elsewhere.
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Purplecat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:29 am

My name is just Ailure on it's online-thingy, so just go ahead and add me.

It's bit of a shame that people pirate it, since the online part is obviously not functional on a pirated version. On the other hand, with the DRM it's kind of understandable.

I hope EA realizes that it's losing alot of potentional sales.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jake Monroe » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 am

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Jake Monroe » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Jake Monroe

Postby Wulfie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Wulfie, of course.

I have no creativity (Spah sappin' mah creativiteh!), so don't expect much from me, but I love to see what others come up with.
Wulfie

Postby Endeavour3d » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:53 pm

The game is a serious disappointment for me, they dumbed it down and cutesyed it up for casual gamers. And it tries to be too many things at once and fails at all of them except the Space phase which the entire game rushes you to get to, and even then it's only mediocre. There is a saying, a jack of all trades is a master of nothing, this game is proof of that. Add the Soviet style DRM and activation bullshit and it makes it a game that's unworthy of my money. If I want a space game, I'll get Galactic Civilizations, Space Empires, Sword of The Stars, or my favorite, Sins of a Solar Empire. It sucks because I've been watching this game since GDC 2005 when it looked interesting and not gay looking and gutted.
Endeavour3d

Next

Return to Alternative Games