Frozen Synapse

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Alright, so I have been following this indie game for a few months and they just opened up preorders, which gives you access to the current beta build of the game. I thought I'd share it with you all since I find it extremely fun and its a very light weight client so I have it on a flashdrive now that I carry around school :P.

The basic idea of the game is that you control a squad of guys with various weapons, you are given as much time as you want to set up your plans, such as waypoints, cover areas, ignore enemies, fire rocket here, similar to the original Rainbow 6's planning phase. Your opponent is doing the same thing with his guys in an attempt to outsmart and outflank you. Once you have a plan you submit it, and once each player has submitted a plan the game runs that 5 second plan. Repeat this for 5 turns or until one team is wiped out. There are multiple game types planned, and the game has some amazing music.

Also! It has this cool "Upload to youtube" button after each game so that you can share cool matches, so I uploaded this game I just won in multiplayer to share! Take a look ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkO6o-Ff4D4 (Forgive terribad youtube quality, nothing can be done about that.)

Price is on the upper end of Indie prices, but I enjoy it, and preorders get a free full copy of the game to give to a friend. They are thinking of selling it on steam when it is finished, which would be great.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Return to Alternative Games