[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - openTTD 1.0.0 is finally released!

openTTD 1.0.0 is finally released!

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Purplecat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm

The offical news regarding that release

It's a transport simulation game that can be played over multiplayer. openTTD is based on Transport Tycoon, which was originally released for sixteen years ago, and is a quite fun game, probably way more than Simcity due to it's depth. ;)

With openTTD 1.0.0, the game is finally independent from Transport Tycoon Deluxe, no longer requiring the original game to run properly. You can still use TTD graphics, but you no longer have to.

So anyone interested in a large game of it? I been thinking of running it to either learn people the game, or to help newbies to get started.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Fox Vert » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm

It's been years since I've played Transport Tycoon. I could probably just have found the disc out if I looked hard enough. I do keep having a problem with the graphics going all funny, but alt-tabbing fixes it.

It's a shame that the business/trading game genre seems to have been neglected in recent years. I guess they stopped making enough money at some point.
Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby Purplecat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Plus the OpenGFX and OpenSFX sets are done now, so no need to even own the original TT to play OpenTTD. The graphics are an excellent imitation of the original style too, almost (but not quite, if you use other newgrfs that mimic the original style) flawless and compatible with other graphics sets.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Return to Alternative Games