Perfect Dark

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:34 am

This was just re-released for the Xbox 360. It's exactly the same as the original Nintendo 64 classic, but with updated graphics and online multiplayer modes (including co-op and counter-op!) It's simply amazing.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby TheDXM » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 am

Not only is it NOT exactly the same but the new live features are totally screwy and hardly worth the effort last I checked.
TheDXM

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 pm

I haven't noticed any major differences. And as far as I've played the live features have worked just fine for me. Get better internets bro.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 pm

The new graphics look awesome and crisp (although I question a couple of the graphic upgrades, like the Farsight looks a little weird to me) and it was a blast playing through the campaign again. Multiplayer seemed about the same as far as I could tell, only thing that seemed different was that I was dying faster. I know I'm probably terrible compared to playing the N64 version all those years ago, but they haven't upped the gun damages have they? D:
Jinx

Postby pablofiasco » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:14 pm

ive had trouble just joining multiplayer,
ive been able to get in a game once, that ended up pretty bad (2 vrs 1, melee only, koth style)
since then, it always times out or freezes up one me :(

wish there was a server-browser style way to conenct
pablofiasco

Postby TheDXM » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm

My internet works fine.

Problem is they added some annoying autobalance feature for sims, both on and offline, and you can no longer adjust their teams manually. Theyve broken a lot of the weapons with slight tweaks too, making it impossible to advance in the firing range in some cases.
TheDXM

Return to Alternative Games