Company of Heroes

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby SilverWolf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:47 pm

simple really, who here has Company of Heroes? maybe we can get a game up sometime, compstomp or not.

also, I might aswell use this thread toannoysuggest a few mods made for Company of Heroes:
Company of Heroes: Eastern Front - Mod that adds the Soviet Union as a playable faction to the Vanilla Company of Heroes.
Europe in Ruins - An online mod that converts the well known Company of Heroes to an MMORTT styled game.
Blitzkrieg (RN Forum) - CoH mod with emphasis on realistic damage and units, but also with many enhanced features.
Battle of the Bulge - CoH mod with emphasis on the battles between December '44 to January '45, exchanging the Spring/Summer scenario to a more winterish one.
Last edited by SilverWolf on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverWolf

Postby Wulfie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

I bought CoH ages ago on an offer, played it for a few days and then stopped. I'm not good enough to complete campaigns, and I simply don't want to play against people (especially random people) because of my lack of grasp.
Wulfie

Postby Arcalane » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:34 pm

I got EF a few days ago, have CoH and OF, but not ToV.

I also do a little 'fun' modding on the side. Porting direct fire to all the main tanks and vehicles like the Wirbelwind makes for fun times! Damageable remote-detonated demo-charges for everyone!
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Gami » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:48 pm

still gotta finish the normal missions before starting those, but i've gotta say, for 3 games those 13 euro's were sure wordt the freaking money
awsome game , thx for the links btw silver ~
Gami

Postby Sultry Skunk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

So far, i love CoH, but CoH makes out the German army into unstoppable supermen.

One tiger tank taking out 15 British tanks? Ok. Plausable. The tiger is a monster.

A combat company "Halting a jeep convoy" meaning they killed 49 jeeps with a handful of dudes? Srsly?

Beyond that... I don't like Panzer Elite but I love dem Axis.

Allies and British confound me on their style.

Also, Calliopies = hax
Sultry Skunk

Postby SilverWolf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10 pm

they released a new version of the Blitzkrieg mod, version 1.7.0.0.

changelog can be seen here: http://forum.blitzkrieg-mod.de/index.ph ... rdseen#new

also, one of their team members seems to have forgotten some of the sounds, so a fix patch is expected within the next few days, in my opinion blitzkrieg is really a great mod, and you (reader) should give it a try.
SilverWolf

Return to Alternative Games