AvP

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Jinx wrote:Patch 3 looks like it'll be going live Monday:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1195834
New Features:
- In multiplayer damage from the Predator's Smart Disc has been reduced, unless it's a headshot.
- In multiplayer minor hits from the Predator's Plasma Caster bolts will no longer knock down enemies.
- When joining a dedicated server on which a round is in-progress you now have a limited time to choose your species/team and skin before entering the game, if the game mode and server settings allow this.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed clients not always being correctly notified that the game had ended.
- Improvements to the networking code used in dedicated server games to increase stability and reduce pings.
- DX11 optimisation when using tessellation
- Fixed DX11 gamma controls on NVIDIA boards
- Return to the server browsing screen instead of top-level menu when you fail to join a server
- Fixed the lobby timer not always displaying correctly on clients.
- Improved 'SayTeam' console command
- Improvements to ranked matchmaking
- Fixed occasional problems with peer-to-peer games after playing on a dedicated server
- Fixed rare multiplayer bug where all players would be disconnected during level load if just one of them had a network problem during the load.
- Fixed a cause of clients sometimes getting disconnected when pressing ALT+TAB or ALT+ENTER on the end-game scoreboard.
- Fixed predators being able to cancel other players’ Plasma Caster Lock-on.

So they are nerfing the smart disc. Interesting. That actually makes me not want to play Predator as much.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm

That disk was total BS lol. It instakilled every class regardless of health. This means the predator had 3 instant kill weapons, with the disk, mine, and combi stick. 3 is a bit much don't you think.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Jinx » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm

I still think the mine needs to be more visible to other classes, even if it's something like... the alien can only see it while in focus mode or it shows up as a tiny, non-beeping blip on the marine's radar. The only times I've ever discovered the mine was after I was killed by it =/ But perhaps the most frustrating thing that definitely needs to be balanced is the alien's tail whip (heavy attack) while on walls. It has the speed of a light attack but stuns like a heavy attack and can actually kill in one hit if it's a headshot.
Jinx

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Sekh765 wrote:That disk was total BS lol. It instakilled every class regardless of health. This means the predator had 3 instant kill weapons, with the disk, mine, and combi stick. 3 is a bit much don't you think.

No. I can't hit crap with the combistick and no one ever walks over my mines. The disc was my only method of getting cheap kills. D:
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Previous

Return to Alternative Games