[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - AvP

AvP

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:59 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

We should do that, if we can get 8 people together in a party to just host our own server. We could make our own TDM :X
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

It's pretty fun save for the terrible matchmaking system, though it really doesn't run all that well on my laptop so I probably won't buy this unless the full version has more customization with video options, I think it could run better without certain effects that can't be turned off in the demo. *cough* motion blur *cough*
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:08 pm

You know, I don't want to be "that guy" that defends something that he wants to be awesome, nor am I someone that really cares one iota about "professional" reviews, but sometimes things like this rub me the wrong way a bit:

Game Informer printed a review of AvP, giving it 5.7 score. The reviewer - whom angry AvP fans have since dug up quotes from where he states he isn't a fan of either franchise, alone or combined - cites his problems with the game being that the motion tracker is annoying (it's the exact same motion tracker from Aliens, i.e. ripped from the source material), that the Predator relies too much on stealth (i.e. one wonders if he's ever seen a Predator movie), and that Alien wall-walking is "confusing".

I can understand that this game isn't for everyone, but goddamn does this guy sound like he's just out to shit on the game for the sake of shitting on it. Half of his complaints go directly against the source material and the other half are incredibly vague and make it sound like he played the demo for 5 minutes before reviewing the whole game.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

i wish, i really really wish, i could play the demo,
sadly, i cannot
i can get teh demo intself installed but apperntly it required an updated version of microsoft framework or some such to run,

i didnt have it, it tried to automatically install it, it FAILED, serveral times.
i tried to install the udpated version myself, manually, using 3 differnt pacakges i got from microsofts webpage directly...they all fail too install.

using advice from microsoft, i Uninstalled the exsisting framework from my pc, becuase apperntly mine was "told old to install overtop of"......uninstalled good...install of new package?...Failure
i said F it, im on service pack 1 still for vista 64bit, ill just grab servicepack 2. .....windows update on my pc?....FAILS to conenct\load at all.....

so, i say F that, im going to manually download servicepack 2 from micrsoft, and install teh executable that way....and of course, it FAILS....
i install thise manger program that microsoft support says i have to have to install the service pack and...it isntalls pretty good actually, try to install the service pack again?
Failure,

im pissed, im to the point where im very, very, VERY tempted to just grab the stuff i want to save off teh HD, and nuke the whole thing from orbit, after all, its the only way to be sure..
wait, scratch teh nuke part, i mean reformat, ya, thats teh ticket, reformat it

any ideas to save my sanity?
pablofiasco

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm