[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - APB (All Points Bulletin)

APB (All Points Bulletin)

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Wulfie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 pm

APB is a persistent online multiplayer game (A MMO really, they just cry about how they don't want to call it one) in development, where it's basicly Criminals vs Enforcers. Sort of like a GTA game with 100-odd people instead of 1-16 or whatever GTA:IV multiplayer goes up to these days.

Trailer

You do missions from contacts to get experience and earn more weapons -- as per most online games these days, but the supposed selling point is the customisation available. Create a character out of a particularly detailed creation system, design your own tattoos, logos, patterns and place them on yourself, your clothes or even your car.

During your missions, you'll be matched against others of similar skill -- Criminals will find Enforcers have been sent word of their break-in, Enforcers might get jumped by a waiting gang of Criminals that were told of money drop-offs, and so on. You only get to fight whoever's related to your mission, so don't think about randomly running someone over who's trying to complete their own =P. And if you get too good skill-wise, you'll end up with a bounty on your head which opens you up for being taken out by most of the other people in your server instance.

They're estimating up to 100,000 people per server with 100 people per instance of areas. And no monthly subscription. So.. yeah. I'm interested.

Should probably check out the site too for more info.. Probably.

~Possible Enforcer Wuff
Wulfie

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 pm

That looks pretty neat. If I can get a PC that can actually play games by the time this comes out I think I'll pick it up too.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby SilverWolf » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 pm

And I still didn't get a beta invite.

Damn you Realtime Worlds! *shakes fist*
SilverWolf

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm keeping an eye on this. I hope it turns out well, but I hope they make the city atmospheric. GTAIV's version of Liberty City was awesome. A MMO in an equally realistic city would be all sorts of nifty.

With that said: If I get it, it's Enforcer all the way, baby.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 am

looks neat. if theyre saying its not an mmo, then it better not have the monthly buttrape pay to play like an mmo does
Dr. Furry

Postby Wulfie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 am

Wulfie

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:10 am

lol sorry, i skiped straight to the video. im definately considering this then
Dr. Furry

Return to Alternative Games