[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Borderlands?

Borderlands?

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Arcalane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:33 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:41 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Arcalane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh, and here's a couple of things I picked up regarding the Class Mods. Haven't seen one yet? Don't worry, you will around the late 10s/early 20s. Class Mods are basically skill boosters that help you specialize, as well as augment the rest of the team. Great thing is, it doesn't matter whether you're alone or playing with friends - there's always a useful Class Mod. I actually carry two primary ones - Support Gunner (ammo regen) and Heavy Gunner (metal storm + huge mags) - and use whichever suits the situation.

I'll use Roland's Overload skill as an example because it's a nice simple one. Every rank in Overload increases your magazine size by 12%. Easy peasy.

1. Class Mods cannot currently boost a skill you do not own. If your mod boosts Overload by 2, but you have 0 points in Overload, it does nothing. If you have 1 point in Overload, then it gives you an effective Overload of 3 (+36% shots per mag). Keep this in mind.
2. Class Mods can (supposedly) boost a skill over the 5-point maximum. If you have 5 points in Overload, and your mod boosts Overload by 2, your Overload will effectively be 7. That's 88% extra shots per magazine.

Oh, and have you ever wondered what that red text in the weapon specs means?
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Doom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Been playing this thing like no tomorrow. I've had a lot of fun, and no problems save a little frame-rate lowering towards the crazy last levels. The second play-through is all the more fun, what with all the fancy guns. The PC version does feel a little port-ish, and the in-game microphone setup is horrible; but it still plays well. Just edit one of the .ini's to turn voice off and use Skype. :V

Also, the ability to take pictures of your guns is pretty neat. Especially to show off if you, per se, find a 'Pearl' weapon.
(Pearl is the unnamed tier above gold/orange. They're better, more rare and have lower level requirements. I've only found one. [Also known as Platinums and, to a lesser extent, Jesus Tier])
Doom

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Rayne » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Pre-ordered it, been playing the hell out of it. Lolgamepsy tag: fachiri.
Rayne

Postby Doom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Doom

Postby Arcalane » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:35 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Okay, that Colbalt Volcano? DO WANT.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Arcalane » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 pm

The Roaster fires three shots (it's a Helix-type launcher), each of which makes a mininuke/mushroom cloud fire explosion on impact. I have no idea why it's only a blue. It's amazing and I love it and I think I'm going to call it Vera. It is my very favourite gun right now.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get my dignity back.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Games