Borderlands?

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:48 pm

So, Borderlands PC today for anyone who didn't pirate the cracked version. Anyone planning on playing?
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Rhennessa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:40 pm

I am! Just got... Four more hours of waiting (Stupid magic number times!) Already tried it on the 360 with a friend, pretty fun game, mhmm. I need to find some folks to shoot stuff with.
Rhennessa

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Well, this game is addictive. Once I got it running the way I like, I spent three or four hours straight just level grinding and loot collecting, and enjoyed every second. The kicker was when I found a sniper rifle with fast reload, high accuracy, and 102 damage that my level 9 hunter could actually use. Felt good man.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Wulfie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:17 pm

*Whines and waits for the 30th when his European version will unlock*

;_;
Wulfie

Postby Pathia » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm playing it, though it's buggy as fucking hell it seems. Gamespy is...shocker...'pathia' ;)
Pathia

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 am

Pathia wrote:I'm playing it, though it's buggy as fucking hell it seems. Gamespy is...shocker...'pathia' ;)

I haven't had too many issues with it, bug-wise. I haven't played co-op yet, but I'm not hearing good things about Gamespy.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby DrJones » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:03 am

I plan to try it, as soon as it unlocks on the 30th.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby Purplecat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

I'm gonna hold off buying it due to the buggyness I heard about. I wouldn't pay for the full price right now, not at least with the bugs it seems to have. >>
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Nocturnefoxx wrote:
Pathia wrote:I'm playing it, though it's buggy as fucking hell it seems. Gamespy is...shocker...'pathia' ;)

I haven't had too many issues with it, bug-wise. I haven't played co-op yet, but I'm not hearing good things about Gamespy.

I'm hearing horrendous stuff about how the netplay is - all sorts of stuff about how it can bug out and give you infinite money and a massive backpack, and weird behaviour with skill-extended magazines (like Roland's Overload and Assault) defaulting to their original size, as well as all sorts of weird connectivity behaviour that makes it sound like Gearbox didn't even bother testing some of this stuff - but I haven't had any issues with the actual game itself so far, even with two ranks in Overload, so I think this is some kind of netcode problem. I managed to get up to Level 20 pretty easily, apart from a couple of deaths prior to coming up with a workaround for beating some of the bosses/their pets. It begins with "grenade" and ends with "spam" :mrgreen: . Got some fun guns (I might test that 'take screenshot' right-click option soon...), a fancy support Class MOD that means everyone gradually regenerates ammo (my primary combat rifle is an ammo hog, so being able to sit aside for a bit and let my ammo regen is very welcome) and some good shields.

Roland's turret is actually much better than I expected it to be. At first I thought it'd be little more than window dressing and wouldn't really contribute much in a fight, but I gave it the Fire Bolt I artifact and it's just annihilating enemies. Particularly Alpha Skags, which it tears up like no tomorrow. I just wish it lasted longer, and I guess I'll be putting a few points into Deploy soon enough to make up for that.

Nocturnefoxx wrote:...for anyone who didn't pirate the cracked version.

What about those in the EU who don't want to wait 'til the 30th (given it was released a few days earlier in the US), but fully intend to go legit and convert their installs/port saves/whatever when it's actually released? ;)
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Lost » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm having fun with it haven't had to many problems except the menus and few other little things that make it feel like a console port. oh one thing to make the game look better turn off depth of field option

gamespy tag: commanderlost
When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Next

Return to Alternative Games