First Look At A Warmachine Game

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-Z2vF9J9A

That's part 3 of the presentation but it's the part that focuses the most on the models. Part 1 shows a looping video of a model with in-game animation.

As I understand from listening to it and being familiar with the IP, it's going to be a multiplayer online 3rd or 1st (or both) person game where you'll be playing an extremely powerful warrior armed with both weapons and spells, and commanding those giant machines (warjacks) to pound on each other as well as people. If they live up to the description it should involve a lot of variety and action, as well as a whole lot of beat-down 'jack fighting, with punching, throwing, slams, and an array of guns and melee weapons. And all of this on a battlefield filled with regular infantry as well.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:36 pm

huh, now thats intresting
i hadnt heard of a warmachine game, by multiplayer, do you mean mmo?,

im vaugely familer with the background, but the steam-punk-ish art design appeals to me
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Here's an excellent collection of concept art for Warmachine & Hordes. And this has a whole lot of color plates done for same.

And I can go for hours about the background and details. It's great stuff. I know the history, mythology, mechanics, the whole lot.

As for what I mean by multiplayer, I don't know- all we have right now is the announcement made at Gencon, of which the three videos in that set are the sum total. I'm going to guess that there will be support for more than two players, and I'd hope for a lot more- but we'll see. It might max out at four on a side. At this point they just said online multiplayer, so.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Stormcaller3801

Return to Alternative Games