[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Question About WOW...and girls.

Question About WOW...and girls.

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:25 am

I'm asking this in more than one forum and videos. I never thought of it until today.

I know 3 girls that play as Taurens on WOW and one who plays as an Orc.
1 male Tauren
1 Female Tauren
And 1 female Orc
Why is that?

Okay.., to make the post less simple.

Also.. What class or Race do you play as?
-------------------
(love horde but gotta stick with Human Warlock... I dont even play WOW a whole lot but still)

Marshtomp

Postby JimmyChopblock » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 am

I'm confused - why is what?
JimmyChopblock

Postby Wulfie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 am

This instantly assumes everyone here/ in the world actually plays WoW?

Icky.
Wulfie

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:43 am

Marshtomp

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am

Marshtomp

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 pm

I expect they play Tauren and Orcs because they like the idea of playing them. As opposed to preconceived notions that girls should have predefined tastes, such as pink or stereotypically pretty things (i.e., elves, gnomes, and humans).

They may have other reasons- avoiding being hit on by other players, or preferring the racial stat bonuses, or a favorite class (only Tauren can be Horde druids, IIRC), but generally speaking I would say that if you have an idea about what a group of people 'should' like, based on some attribute other than stated preferences, and your idea doesn't match reality? The simplest answer is that your idea is wrong. Which by Occam's Razor makes it the most likely correct answer.

Same thing applies to other games. Warmachine/Hordes has eight basic factions at the moment- undead dragon worshippers, mutant dragon worshippers, big blue trolls, green manipulative druids, red pointy slavers, Russian stereotypes (circa 1980), religious fanatics, and the high-tech nominally good guys.

Everyone wonders why girls tend to play both flavors of dragon worshippers. Nobody wonders why they play the good guys. Why? Because of stereotypes.

And as for what I play on WoW, I used to have a troll shaman, a human fighter, and a tauren druid. Then I realized I was having about as much fun playing as I did entering contact information and certified receipt tracking numbers into spreadsheets at work. Which, while superior to my experience playing EVE, was not enough to justify the monthly fees.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't play, but a long time ago when I considered joining to play on a role playing server with a friend, I was going to be a male Tauren.

So mmmmyep, another.

I liked the lore, and play mostly male characters when I rp. I couldn't tell you why either.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Marshtomp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Marshtomp

Postby iller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:16 pm

It's probably just because the Alliance so is full of the typical BNET Pricks. (...or so I've heard).

I just wish they'd play GuildWars instead so I'd have more intelligent people to talk to there.
...and Unlike WoW, its lead designer actually IS a girl.
Last edited by iller on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
iller

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Stormcaller3801

Return to Alternative Games