[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:38 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 am

Ok yea...whoever posted above that water isn't flowing properly is correct. Come towards the yellow and black tape I have constructed and look at the pools nearby. Somehow, some way, the flow variables got fucked up, as I can't get water to move AT ALL... It is rather irritating :(.

I'm gonna make an arrow pointing at the water im talking about, someone take a look.
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 am

Perhaps the answer involves integrating working water? Or just sponging up the bad and letting the new stuff start moving.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 pm

tried to place a sponge and then delete it in hopes water would flow......no luck :(

ive found a single area of lava so far, not very many blocks worth however :(

also: water flowing UP!???? WTF, good thing you apperntly had a cap on the cieling, if it kept flowing up you might have flooded the world :)
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Not exactly: the water had a maximum height above the average height of the ceiling I'd cleared. When it found a place to flow into, it did so as per normal, while staying above the level of the sponges. When it got to a point in the ceiling that was higher than the average height, but below its maximum height, it went up.

Still bizarre to see, but not in danger of flooding the sky.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Pathia » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Pathia

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm

It's also worth noting that most of the construction we've done so far has been upwards, not downwards. My own plot of land is roughly a sixth of the surface area of the entire map. The fact that it's one solid block of material is not terribly surprising- it likely just means I got lucky and found an area that's solid. Which is actually rather nice, as that's what I wanted. If we really want to have broken ground, forests, and caverns, I'm sure we can pull that off. And we can make lava just by giving it areas to spread out. Given we didn't immediately strike large cavern systems or lava beds in the old map, I think it's safe to assume we just need to dig more.

Honestly I think I'm happier if there's not as many caverns, if only because that means there's more space to build without worrying about flooding or discovering that what was going to be the floor is now a lava pit. As for the lack of trees, I build underwater and underground. Trees are more of a DIY luxury for me anyways.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Honestly I'd say if it's that big an issue, we should just eliminate all the water that doesn't flow, then create channels and tunnels to get flowing water where the nonflowing water was. Then remove the channels/tunnels. Problem solved, hopefully.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Also if you go out to just about the center of the ocean, there's a hole in the sea floor. There's some gold bricks near it. In that hole is a giant cavern. The gold bricks surround another one hole leading to the same cavern, but that hole has buggy water at the top.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Games