Minecraft Server

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:50 am

i didnt realize that there had to be adject grass tiles for it to grow, sorry about that part

and i tried to "outline" where people had placed...well wahtever (buildings in particular, but also flowers/shrubs/etc0 to avoid actually going over anyones own buildings or killing said shrubbery), i guess i missed seeing the grass underwater, sorry about that as well

in the future, any further sky building will be A) not map encompassing,but actual buildings and B) out of glass to avoid the nuclear winter underneath it

edit: my orginal intent was to build a "huge golden sun", get a laugh, then tear it down (well, tear most of it down, but use the spire as framework for glass skyscraper thingy)
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:29 pm

For whatever it might be worth, at this point I'm used to flowers and bushes dying. Mostly due to floods.

Although trees do not, interestingly enough. Which has me thinking about doing a very eerie yet serenely beautiful underwater forest on the sea floor.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Well for all purposes, tree and leaf cubes are pretty much not living (they don't react with the world dynamically). Leaves can actually be used in similar situations as glass, although I don't think they block lava...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 pm

After being away since Friday, I logged in last night and took a walk. I think we're just about to that point where there's no more room, at least not that I'm aware of. Between the amount of construction on the surface, the modification of the 'wild' areas, the massive cavern complexes that seem to have eaten most of the underground and not much in the way of options for going up, I think we're fairly well built out.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Pathia » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Server has been reset, bigger map, 256x256x64 is the default, it's now 384x384x128.

Have fun!
Pathia

Postby pablofiasco » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:55 pm

im pretty sure i didnt cuase it but:
water seems to be semi broken. In some ponds it flows as it should, other, and hte ocean however, water does not flow, if you displace it, it seems to stay displaced (ie, subtract dirt from under it, weeee bubble underwater)

grass also seems to be not growing in places. not sure on lava yet
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:04 am

Water seems to be working fine around my base, although thanks to sponges I got the rather odd spectacle of watching water flow across the ceiling, including flowing upwards into various spots. That was different.

Set up three poles at the corners, and this time made them different colors so that we have something resembling directions available to us. Red, Yellow, and Purple. Fourth corner was taken up by someone's construction, and while the 2x2 area I needed seemed wild, I left it be just in case. You should still be able to orient yourself with those three.

Grabbed a plot of land around the purple pole, roughly 52x50 in size. Which isn't very much if you're walking it, but digging is another story. Especially if you happen to be digging all the way to the bottom. After some rough inspection I've determined that it seems to be free of lava, water, and caverns, meaning I've got something close to 130,000 cubes of rock, dirt, and sand to play with. To say nothing of the sky above it. After roughly nine hours of work, I've got the perimeter dug out and started on the top floor.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 am

Is this server void of all terrain features and caverns? I didn't see any natural looking terrain pieces, and I havn't dug much but apparently storm didn't find any lava or water or caverns...
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:14 am

There's a large cavern complex in the ocean, but I don't know that we've done enough digging to find anything.
Stormcaller3801

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:20 am

I'm rather disturbed by the lack of trees, myself..

I'm going to be the Fiona of the world and start planting a forest when I have the time to..raise some terrain, too. Before I start fort-construction or whatnot.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Games