Nonmindo.

Gotta share the love for other fun games? Post about them here!

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 pm

...The Wii...Vitality Sensor?

No.

I'm sorry, no.

I'm rejecting this reality. What the hell is Nintendo doing?! I was open-minded when the Wii was announced, and when everyone else was looking at the Wiimote demonstrations and were all OhEmGeeDoubleYouTeeEffBeeBeeKyew, I was looking askew at it and going 'ennnh...give it a chance, who knows?'

But the Wii Vitality sensor...a pod-like fingerpiece which resembles a blood-pressure measurer/fingerprint recorder..as a game peripheral?

Immediate no.

Their other showings? A Super Mario Galaxy rehash which is as far a leap forward as Mario 64 DS was from...Mario 64. Which is negligible.

And 4-player Co-Op New Super Mario Brothers for the Wii.

But..God..the Wii Vitality Sensor? You don't need one to sense the lack of vitality in the presser audience when the thing was unveiled. it was a swirling montage of confusion and utter bafflement, sprinkled lovingly with cautious silence. Iwata was, of course, ambivalent to the press masses giving him the big blank stare as he muscled on in his speech. Suddenly, Micro$oft's 'NATAL' demo of the prior day seems a whole lot bigger in the mind.

Some of you might remember the Tiny Toons Adventures episode lampooning SNES-era Nintendo, referring to the console as the "Super Nonmindo Entertainment System". I believe that the moniker needs to be pressed back into service as I can't imagine what the hell Iwata, Miyamoto and Fils-Aime are lacing their weed with to eradicate their own minds. Maybe cat pee. Who knows?

I just get the feeling that Nonmindo has become the kid who jacks around for the entire semester until a week before Finals, when they need to throw together something to show as a final project. And on presentation day it looks like crap compared to what the other kids have been working on all year.

Oh yeah...what do you get when you force Ninja Gaiden and Metroid to breed? I'm willing to bet it's whatever this Other M project that Team Ninja is developing.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah, it's pretty retarded. I've pretty much given up hope for the wii completely at this point. I think Other M and The Conduit might have potential, I'll just have to wait and see about those. At least the DS is coming out with some interesting things (though I'm not really referring to anything shown for it at E3 other than maybe the new Mario and Luigi game).
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:55 pm

It seems like the Vitality thing is something to go together with Wii fitness, and I'm having doubts that it will be some major gimmick Nintendo would depend too much on. Wii fit 2 in the making perhaps? Actually I can think of a few fun uses of a heart beat sensor... but most probably would wind up involving the Wiifit board.

A cooperative platformer would be intresting to see... but Nintendo rarely announces anything really exciting at E3's since a few years back anyway.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 pm

I was hoping to see a little Heartgold/Soulsilver at the Nintendo press conference... But sadly, no...
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Return to Alternative Games