[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Getting the old background back

Getting the old background back

Come on over here if you need advice or don't know your pipe bombs from your Boomers!

Postby Jinx » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:47 pm

They should make it a ingame option to change this. Like how Civilization IV allows you to change the main menu background (incase you want the original game's background instead of the expansion pack ones).

One nice thing with the new background though, it have a quick fade from the loading screen which makes everything look more thoroughly connected. With the disadvantage it quickly fades from the loading screen picture even if you didn't have a loading screen up.

Edit: You can also use map_background to set a level as a background. This is mostly used with the other Source single player games to set a level as a background, such as in HL2. It looks weird with L4D though. :P For amusing glitchy look, try "map_background credits".

Edit2: It can be used in TF2! cp_dustbowl looks nice as a background <3, but it adds loading time... There sadly doesn't seem to be any command to switch "media" backgrounds though for L4D...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Thank you! I was never really a fan of the new background and I always thought the old one was cool, so I'm really glad I have it back now.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Return to Help