[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Best/Worst Moments Thread

Best/Worst Moments Thread

I hate youtube!

Postby Makaze » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:07 am

I think saving my own ass after being pounced by a hunter counts, tagged it with a molotov, got a shot off with the shottie, pounced me, got a hit in, then keeled over dead, thanks for nothing you worthless npc ais
Attachments
l4d_hospital02_subway0001.jpg
l4d_hospital02_subway0001.jpg (169.28 KiB) Viewed 18835 times

Makaze

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:46 am

We couldn't get past the witch, and I had a hunting rifle. I had a nice clear shot of her, so I thought, "well, why not? If all else fails, I have the lowest health anyway, and two other lives to go."

I got THREE SHOTS in, before she actually agro'd on me, and managed to shoot several more before she even reached me.

She dropped dead right at my feet.

We did this twice more that campaign. :3

No one was hurt.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 pm

ON BLOOD HARVEST!! The 2nd part..There is a Bridge that you run through and jump down to get in the room to open the door and thats when the Zombies come Rushing in.... (Bad Descript i know)

Someone went first and got pulled in by a smoker.. As i went to save him-
Wait...Let me say something first.. BECAREFUL IF THIS EVER HAPPENS TO YOU!!!
AS soon as jumped off the bridge to help him, A Hunter mid air tackled me from like an angle right below me. We flew up to the Ceiling and fell down... I died...
Hunter Pounce plus high fall damage kills.... i was so pissed..

Marshtomp

Postby Taross » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:36 pm

So a couple of us were running Dead Air a few days ago, and we manage to get to the finale relatively unscathed. The spawns happen, tanks happen, we're all trucking along and still all alive. Then, when it's time to board the aircraft, Nikky gets hit by a Smoker and there's like twenty zombies between her and me... and I get pounced on by a Hunter ~INSIDE~ the aircraft itself. IN IT... :/
Taross

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:42 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

Oh I remember the frustation I had when a hunter pounced me on the fricking door of the APC first time I played through Blood harvest.

Very very fun.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Notere » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Well, soz, best moment...

I'm shepherding another group through another versus campaign, and it's No Mercy. Subway. After thoroughly trouncing the opposing team, I'm leading mine up to the pillar room past the subway cars before the generator room. One of them, I see, gets smokered to the bottom of the stairwell. The others are too busy to notice, so I turn the corner and start running down. The first shot that goes off, I have a hunter in my face. Except I don't get pounced. I keep shooting and kill the smoker. It turns out that, yes, a hunter had tried to pounce me from six feet and ended up fellating my auto-shotgun's barrel as the first round went off. His face filled my screen for exactly one frame and then he flopped away, dead. Two for me, none for them.

Worst, well, was Blood Harvest 1's bridge. I lit a witch on fire near the car and started putting rounds into her to finish her off. The problem was I thought I was backing onto the bridge. I wasn't, I had my back to the left of the bridge. However, I killed her, and as a witch on fire does, she started plodding to a halt before falling over. Well, she "died" right in front of me, so as she walked, she pushed me. I started sliding off that tiny incline there, and fell. No timed grip event. Nothing. She just pushed me to the curved part of the cliff, and I slid off and died. URGH.
Notere

Postby Makaze » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:14 am

Makaze

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Does running through each campaign multiple times with only two people, and the two player bots deleted on advanced count? 8D

Repeatedly, I mean. xD Amazingly I found that we actually did better than we'd normally do with a full team. We got so used to just looking out for each OTHER, that neither of us were ganked or pounced a single time.

The Finales were hell, though. D: (Blood Harvest's was easiest)

And later we tried the same on expert.

That attempt didn't go so well.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:14 am

I got JUMP SHOT....

While using pistols. :D
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

PreviousNext

Return to Fun