Stream Crosser -> Early Dead Air release?

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Jinx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 pm

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5799

While we are still tweaking Cold Stream and making some game play changes, we really want people to pound on the Cold Stream maps and help us find any bugs.

Normally on an internal project we would have the whole company take a part of each day and do nothing but play the upcoming game or DLC and submit bugs. To add to the fun we often give out prizes for participating. Since Cold Stream is not just being developed internally but also with the community - we want the community to help pound on the campaign and look for bugs.

What’s your prize? If 20,000 people can earn the Stream Crosser achievement (Survive a campaign of Cold Stream on any difficulty) by the end of day this Sunday, we will give all Steam players a reward - On July 22nd we will release Dead Air from the upcoming Cold Stream DLC early.

Don’t have Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC yet? Maybe you play on the Xbox 360? Here’s some encouragement to give it and Cold Stream a try; Left 4 Dead 2 is 75% off today only! That makes today the perfect time to pick up a copy or gift one to a friend.

So let's get to it, 20,000 people need to get the Stream Crosser achievement (Survive the Cold Stream campaign on any difficulty) and then we can play Dead Air in L4D2!!
Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:46 am

Already got it, though I don't mind replaying the campaign with proper humans rather than with bots.

It's a interesting campaign, you spend most of the time on water (wouldn't that be rather slippery RL with all the rocks o.o?).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am

It was an alright campaign beta, but I didn't care for it as much as some of the other, more refined campaigns. There were a few sections that just felt could have used some extra polish, like the exploding semi on the bridge. You would think you could crawl through one little part but instead you have cross a very narrow beam to the other side.

But it wasn't too bad overall. But yeah, give us Dead Air!
Salen Stormwing

Postby Oktoberwolf » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Salen Stormwing wrote:It was an alright campaign beta, but I didn't care for it as much as some of the other, more refined campaigns. There were a few sections that just felt could have used some extra polish, like the exploding semi on the bridge. You would think you could crawl through one little part but instead you have cross a very narrow beam to the other side.

But it wasn't too bad overall. But yeah, give us Dead Air!

They quite improved with this beta version compared to the first one. Specially with the finale.
I unlocked the achievement, i gave my contribution ;3 , totally hope it manages to reach 20k so i can play Dead Air again ( i <3 it)
Oktoberwolf

Postby Wulfie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:01 am

Valve on Thursday wrote:We asked for 20,000 players to get the Stream Crosser achievement by Sunday night. You started playing at 10am on Wednesday morning. Four and half hours later you surpassed the 20,000 target. By 5pm you passed 30,000. By this morning at 10am – a mere 24 hours later you hit 60,774! Thanks!
Wulfie

Postby Oktoberwolf » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:34 am

Wulfie wrote:
Valve on Thursday wrote:We asked for 20,000 players to get the Stream Crosser achievement by Sunday night. You started playing at 10am on Wednesday morning. Four and half hours later you surpassed the 20,000 target. By 5pm you passed 30,000. By this morning at 10am – a mere 24 hours later you hit 60,774! Thanks!

\o/ yay, Dead Air incoming! ;D
Oktoberwolf

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:17 am

fuck yes
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Return to News