[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Passing Is Upon Us... Well, Nearly

The Passing Is Upon Us... Well, Nearly

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

The Passing stood out in alot more ways, the finale was unique and refreshing, when most of the finales are usually in a small to medium sized area, the finale in The Passing is bigger, meaning you end up getting split up more easily, and the backup from the original survivors adds a unique feeling, aswell as being of great help.
I also loved the big detail with the wedding scenario, it was "deep" and quite interesting to figure out.

Unfortunately I have not seen nor tried the M60 yet, and the new Fallen Survivor was harder to kill than I thought. Haven't tried the Realism Versus mutation yet, though I might wait for Chainsaw Massacre as it sounds more fun.
SilverWolf

Postby Jinx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm

I kinda agree with Emerson in that it had a very Crash Course feel to it. Nothing too memorable about it (not to discount the crescendo event, finale, or other cool areas like the wedding) but it looks like it will make for a pretty good versus map, much as crash course did. I'm kinda worried about the fallen survivors and FOOT LOCKERS HNNNNNG :x I was playing through expert with a group, we were all pretty low health when we happened upon a foot locker filled with adrenaline. Two minutes later after we've all stuck ourselves 10 times, everybody's back up to full health =P

Realism Versus is ridiculous but very fun. I saw several teams dying right outside of the safe room because they couldn't see each other. Also had some hilarious team conversations:

"Ack! Help a jockey's got me!"
"Wait what? You were right behind us, where did you go?"
"Help he's taking me behind this building! AAHH!"
"What building!? We can't see you! D:"
Jinx

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 pm

The Wedding is definitely the best, most atmospheric and memorable part of the campaign. That's what they need more of in any given stage. The tatoo and pool areas weren't bad either.

The crescendo and finale I thought were lazy. Especially the finale, since that's basically the finale of Dead Center, just in a larger area and with the Original Three (RIP sweet prince ;_;) yelling and shooting.

Footlockers aren't a terrible idea. They're nice if you're playing single player as the dumb-as-nail bots can't steal all the pills from you. :V

The M60 is awesome but the golf club was a waste of time. I'd rather see a new sidearm - like a revolver - than yet another melee weapon that differs in no way from the others other than it's skin.

Oh, one other area that I appreciated - and this might only work for me - is the section where you're moving through the basement and under the river. I do a lot of work IRL in historic buildings that have crazy basements like that, so that whole area felt very, very real to me. I was looking around for electrical wiring violations. :ugeek:
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Is the m60 available in all L4D2 maps now or just The Passing. Would be nice to have it so that I don't feel my teammates are completely useless when they are carrying one of the special guns (grenadelauncher).
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:36 pm

All melee's do the same damage to the tank as far as I know. They all deal 10% of his life, so 10 hits from any melee will kill a tank.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Jinx » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Ever since the February 5th update melee weapons do 5% of tank health so it's usually safer to use your gun :P Has anybody seen any M60's in other campaigns though?
Jinx

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes, I was going to ask that as well, and maybe the footlockers too? I'd love to see the M60 in other campaigns.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Previous

Return to News