[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Elrabin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:12 am

Elrabin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:34 am

JimmyChopblock

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Valve HAS continued to update their older games, though, and they always have.
Admitted, it's been small things, "oh hey, we finished this blah blah" or bug fixes, but they HAVE continued to provide updated content. ...and that was without promising.

I'm not happy with it being a new game either but that's mostly because I don't have the money for a new game.

Heh, Valve has kinda spoiled us with TF2, haven't they?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Atchhoat » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:31 pm

I suppose that's true, I mean, how old is TF2? And how much has all the new content added and extended the life of the game?
Atchhoat

Postby JimmyChopblock » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Valve promised legitimate continued DLC support, not just minor bug fixes. Hell have of the "bugs" they fix I never noticed or encountered in the first place.

You just can't release a sequel game this close to the original. Not when it comes to games that are entirely based around their replay value. I'll pay small chunks of change for worthwhile added content as DLC, but I will not just shell out another $50 for another game - especially when they've made it obvious that those of us who purchased (especially those of us who pre-ordered this shit and got screwed over even more than the half off weekenders) have been scapegoated and unnappreciated for our BETA work for L4D2.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Helios » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:30 pm

As I told my friends: this may be the first time in video gaming history that people have complained about a sequel being released too soon.

Here's what I think should happen: Valve should develop L4D2 in the same time it took to make TF2: 9 years.

That'll show those punks :p
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby JimmyChopblock » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm

well, dicking over your customers, regardless of how you do it, is never a good thing.

With that said, 9 years from now would probably be a better date for a sequel.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:59 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/hands ... -4-dead-2/

Hands-on impressions of L4D2. Sounds like it might have been the 360 version and not the PC version, but still: The bottom line is that it doesn't sound like they were very impressed with the "improvements" that Valve says warrants a whole new game.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:10 pm

New art, updated engine, melee options (I can smell the TF2 mod already), new enemies... hopefully it'll have even more things later on. Otherwise I have to agree- this is an expansion, not a new game.

The bridge thing sounds like someone's been watching Escape From New York though. I wonder if we'll see any protests about the game being insensitive to Katrina victims since you're trying to cross a bridge to safety, but the way's being blocked?
Stormcaller3801

Postby McFuzzButt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 am

Ehhhh I was kind of disapointed with L4D is was so short and boring :S

L4D2 looks pretty fun from the vids...

Im might get it... Mabey whens it's cheap.
McFuzzButt

Previous

Return to News