Left 4 Dead 2

A place for posting information about the development of Bill's Pills.

Postby Pathia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Announced today. Comes out Nov 17th.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47575 ... C-Xbox-360
User avatar
Pathia
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 am
Location: Bothell WA

Postby Helios » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:54 pm

I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
User avatar
Helios
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Space Station 5

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Am I the only one who finds Valve releasing the sequel to a game within a year of the original's debut a bit odd?

I dunno'. Something isn't sitting right with me about this one. Maybe it's the lack of ZOEY.
Image
Image
...but you can call me Emerson.
User avatar
Nocturnefoxx
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:25 am
Location: Denial

Postby Rayne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Nocturnefoxx wrote:Am I the only one who finds Valve releasing the sequel to a game within a year of the original's debut a bit odd?

I dunno'. Something isn't sitting right with me about this one. Maybe it's the lack of ZOEY.


Or, y'know, the fact that it looks like a terrible third-party mod?
Image
User avatar
Rayne
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:12 am
Location: Russian Space Jerusalem

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Rayne wrote:
Nocturnefoxx wrote:Am I the only one who finds Valve releasing the sequel to a game within a year of the original's debut a bit odd?

I dunno'. Something isn't sitting right with me about this one. Maybe it's the lack of ZOEY.


Or, y'know, the fact that it looks like a terrible third-party mod?



It does. D:

Although part of me likes the malformed Tank that was shown more than our current.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
User avatar
Ayeaka
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am

Postby Helios » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Wasn't the tank there, that was the Charger, the mini-tank :P
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
User avatar
Helios
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Space Station 5

Postby Purplecat » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:44 pm

The charger is meant to stop cornercamping, and probably won't be as hard as the tank to handle... just hard enough to actually counter "cheap" strategies.
User avatar
Purplecat
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Sweden, Höganäs

Postby Jinx » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Official announcement by Valve: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2552/

I too find this very odd. Although it has a completely new name, I'm hoping Valve sticks with their "make one game and then update it forever" formula and that L4D2 will simply be a DLC or even... a free update? :O I mean, why split the two communities? And maybe this is why the SDK is taking so long to be released?
User avatar
Jinx
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 pm
Location: Engine room

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Jinx wrote:Official announcement by Valve: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2552/

I too find this very odd. Although it has a completely new name, I'm hoping Valve sticks with their "make one game and then update it forever" formula and that L4D2 will simply be a DLC or even... a free update? :O I mean, why split the two communities? And maybe this is why the SDK is taking so long to be released?


I'm HOPING they won't split the two. :<

Although I'd take her over Zoey. Dayaaaaaaam. o_o
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
User avatar
Ayeaka
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:11 am

Postby Helios » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:17 pm

FYI: Valve will continue to provide content for L4D. Don't leave the original game out in the cold just yet.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
User avatar
Helios
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Space Station 5

Next

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron