[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Screw you.. No Seriously Gmod... Screw you

Screw you.. No Seriously Gmod... Screw you

What's that, Sandvich? Pose with G-Man? GOOD IDEA!

Postby Marshtomp » Tue May 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Garry's Mod

Added support for Zeno Clash models

Fixed muzzleflash showing in camera

Fixed player collision with nocollides

......................................................................................
How is it that Zeno Clash was rushed into Gmod but Left 4 Dead still hasnt gotten any official support?!
I WANT TO SHOOT ZOMBIES WITH MY PORTAL GUN AND HAVE THEM LAUNCHED INTO THE AIR!!!!!!!

Marshtomp

Postby Purplecat » Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 pm

L4D is based on a latter Engine version of Sourcemod than Zeno Clash. Zeno Clash is probably Orange Box based, while L4D is a branch of it's own.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Wed May 13, 2009 1:08 am

Marshtomp

Postby Doom » Wed May 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Doom

Postby Purplecat » Wed May 13, 2009 7:47 pm

It's just not the package format I believe, as apparently some tweaking had to be done to get the extracted models from the VPK files working in Garry's mod too due to the differences (just some copying around and renaming of files). That's also why there's (grey area) model packs out there too since it's not exactly straightforward task to get all the models out of the game.

Valve might not be so happy if Garry would include a reverse engineered solution to open VPK files too so he might be waiting on something official he can use too.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 am

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines also uses .vpk

I used to know of a model pack for Gmod, though, but can't find it anymore.

Ah well.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Return to GMod Sandbox