People willing to play expert?

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Hmmm... I usually play vs. But I supose I'd be willing to play on expert sometime. Just ask whenever I'm on steam I'll most likely say yes. Death Toll and Dead Air are my favorite campaigns. No Mercy is pretty fun, but I hate Blood Harvest with a passion. Stupid steam, not giving me the acheivement for beating it... Made me so mad because I hated playing through Blood Harvest. I haven't even bothered to do it again.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 am

I'd be up for expert.
CAPTAIN_BRUMBL3Z

Postby Rhennessa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I'd be good for expert so long as there's folks willing to spend the time playing through it completely, even the 20 some times we'd totally die in the finale =P
Rhennessa

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 pm

I've never gotten to complete a campaign on expert. Whenever I get a decent game going, the others will get bored or frustrated and quit. I can manage to get finales with just the bots, but they're so stupid there's no way I can manage to win. D:
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Yeah the bots are pretty dumb, and impossible to play with on expert since they waste all your health kits the moment you get a tiny little scratch on your leg. The thing I find most frustrating about expert is huge gap between it and advanced, because while expert is insanely difficult, advanced is just too easy now. I can usually go an entire campaign without even getting incapped.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:10 pm

With expert...

It depends so much on who you're playing with. Oh my God. On Advanced, a bit of bickering between players, and you're still fine. Expert, it's like the director somehow senses if anything's wrong with player interactions, and picks at that weak link until everything falls apart.

With a good team, though, I've never had any problems. By good, I mean, of course, a group of friends watching OUT for each other; not a team that seems to think that military-like precision is required.

Dear God, THAT'S what I can't stand... when you get a player or two that whine and want to do this, this this, CAUSE THAT'S HOW THE MILITARY DOES IT LAWL.

The military's also not fighting zombies.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Pathia » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:24 pm

I am totally up for expert, I want to get all 4 for the achievement at the very least :)
Pathia

Postby CrashFu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:55 pm

I have never completed one single campaign on Expert. I'm up for trying just about any time.

I tried this morning on single-player, Death Toll campaign, and it was hilariously tragic. I was not aware that a hunter could actually pounce you while you were climbing a ladder, but I was aware that bots have a tendency to go stand next to you while you're being mauled to death and... do absolutely nothing about it. Or that if you're waiting to be helped to your feet they will give up at 95% because they saw a single common infected waaaaaaaaaay over yonder.

It got to the point where I had to retry the Trainyard-to-Church section like thirty times, and every time we started with Zoey at 1/3 health, and myself, Bill and Louis all on our last lives with a handful of temporary health. For all of us to get one health pack, we'd all wind up with... half health and no health packs. So I started killing Bill and Louis and splitting the four health packs between myself and Zoey, and trying to make a run for the first available respawn closet.

The AI Director did not approve. It spawned the tank early almost every single time, while denying me any grenades almost every single time as well. At least once it put the witch right in the doorway to the room with the respawn closet.

And then I got barfed on three times in a row, immediately following a crescendo. :x So, yeah, some human players would be nice for tackling Expert.
CrashFu

Postby JimmyChopblock » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:24 am

i prefer expert mode. In fact, it's typically the only difficulty i'll play campaign on. If i can't get 4 people together I just play vs.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Nikki 狐 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm completely rusty, out of practice for over three months, but I'm always willing to give it a go. If it ain't hard, it ain't fun. I'm a team player, but I can't remember crap about Blood Toll and Dead Air because of the lack of Versus for them before I left.
Nikki 狐

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2