TFP L4D servers

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Purplecat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:42 pm

And by contrast, the L4D server on Endeavour's server... is put up on request basis. Just ask me to put on the campaign you want on it, and I start it on request, and also gives information on how to connect to it (sv_search_key tfp isn't enough unfortunately...)
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mc$core » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi everyone

I was running a dedicated Left 4 Dead server since the day the game was available. It is always online and reliable (crashed only a couple of times the past year).
You can check the status via GameTracker:
All currently installed custom maps are available at http://www.hehoe.de/mcs/l4d/maps/ for download.
I want to dedicate this server to TFP. Therefore I set
Code: Select all
sv_searchkey tfp
. If the lobby leader is successful, you see my banner at the upper right:
Looking forward to see you there!
Mc$core

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:08 pm

This is a very generous offer. O.O Thank you.
Witchiebunny

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 am

Someone explain to me exactly what I need to do to get on a server, because I've tried keying in sv_search_key tfp over and over again, on various screens, and I get nothing. The console just stares back at me.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Mc$core » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:28 am

You indeed just need to enter that command into the console once after you started L4D (it won't save the setting as you quit) and before you start the game.
Simply become a lobby leader, i.e. by opening up a lobby yourself (the console dissapears). Make sure the server property is set to "best available dedicated". When you start the game in the lobby, L4D will not search for all servers, but only for those which sv_search_key matches yours. But the last update screwed the mechanism (valve reported to have it fixed, but I didn't test it by now). Alternatively you can use the command mm_dedicated_force_server. To force the lobby to my server, you'd have to enter
Code: Select all
mm_dedicated_force_server 195.42.115.195
(works only with IPs).
Mc$core

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Stormcaller3801 wrote:Someone explain to me exactly what I need to do to get on a server, because I've tried keying in sv_search_key tfp over and over again, on various screens, and I get nothing. The console just stares back at me.

It's not up 24/7 like our TF2 servers:

Ailure wrote:And by contrast, the L4D server on Endeavour's server... is put up on request basis. Just ask me to put on the campaign you want on it, and I start it on request, and also gives information on how to connect to it (sv_search_key tfp isn't enough unfortunately...)

We used to have them up 24/7, but we didn't really put forth as much resources to govern them as we did the TF2 servers. Plus, with the way L4D handles server selection, it didn't feel like we were really serving our people...just anyone who happened to find a TFP server free. That can probably change with renewed interest in L4D, particularly for an event.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Mine is down unfortunately until whoever is trying to DDoS me stops.
Pathia

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Pathia wrote:Mine is down unfortunately until whoever is trying to DDoS me stops.

Isn't attention wonderful?
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Jinx » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Pathia wrote:Mine is down unfortunately until whoever is trying to DDoS me stops.

Any update on this? In addition to the snare speak plugin there are a couple others I've seen that would greatly increase the fun factor of versus.
Jinx

Previous

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2