[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Left 4 Dead Ramblings, Praise, etc.

Left 4 Dead Ramblings, Praise, etc.

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Mortician175 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 pm

The game is near flawless. Its graphics run fine, the AI is intense, and just as you think you are safe you're so wrong.
The Infected run realistically and even slow down if their running full speed at you if you kill them. They don't turn on a dime so they actually look like their aiming for you and having to compensate when they turn or they move to intercept you. Probably the best thing i have seen is when the zombies go batshit crazy over the pipeboms, FUCKING LOVE THAT!!!!!!

The only real gripes i have with it is the lobby system and the servers, thats the only issues i have with that and even then, its not as flawed as everyone claims it to be.
Mortician175

Postby Jinx » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:49 pm

More knowledge and tips!

A couple people have seen it already, but: How to play as the boss infected in the demo.
It's not complete by any means, but versus mode looks like it's going to be a blast. It looks like the hunter can wall jump and could keep himself up in the air forever in an alley between two buildings.

The tank is outrageously dangerous. I'm not completely sure about this, but on expert I think the tank has somewhere around 5000 HP. Once the tank has incapacitated a survivor the tank becomes oblivious to everything else as he hulk smashes the unfortunate survivor to death, and one less survivor coordinating fire on the tank could mean death for the whole team. If you're daring (insane?) enough, meleeing the tank will sometimes distract him into chasing you so that another survivor can help the downed guy.

EDIT: After a hilarious moment of frustratingly trying to get one of the bots to pick up an extra grenade, "Pipe bombs! Pipe bombs over here! FRAAAANNNCISSSSSS! Pipe bombs!", I've learned that the bots don't ever use grenades and so they don't ever pick them up. This is most likely because the bots never do friendly fire damage and grenades are dangerous...
Jinx

Postby Helios » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:50 pm

So furries, anyone here been banned from using nades? ;>

Oh hey the Demo is available tomorrow right? Nice, I'll be able to see if ol HAL can handle it, I'm sure he can though.

I talked to my Dad, and he's a bit hesitant since EndWar took 60 big ones out of his paycheck. Despite that though, all signs say that I'll be Left 4 Dead on 12/24, my 18th birthday.

*adds another tally to "criminally bad punning."*
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Marshtomp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Oh my god.. Icant play that game its too creepy.. Look! Orange Juice? HOW CAN YOU STAND AGAINST THAT? you guys are brave! :D

Looks like its gonna be i game im gonna have to get

Marshtomp

Postby Echoen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 am

I can't seem to find any videos about seeing the Pipe-bomb in action, and...

There doesn't seem to be anything for lore-lovers like myself! :( I'd love juicy details about the infection and how it works and how the specials are 'created' ^.^
Echoen

Postby Jake Monroe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:43 am

SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Arcalane » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Echoen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:38 pm

I mean more in-game. The intro movie, as AWESOME as it is, isn't exactly what I want.

But hey... I guess I can find out for myself now! :D
Echoen

Postby Ferto12 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Ah, damn it. They removed the splitscreen support for the demo in the latest update. At least it will be back in the full game.

Love the demo as a whole though, lots of fun, and Expert is nice and hard.
Ferto12

Postby Marshtomp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:37 pm

I shot Ailure!

But i didnt shoot the Hunter!

FYI.. Im terrible with Friendly Fire.. Ask Buwaya or Ailure...
SORRY AGAIN DOOD!!

Marshtomp

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2