Left 4 Dead Ramblings, Praise, etc.

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Wulfie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm

*Has a tendency to be shot all the time, especially if he's trying to help up a teammate*
Wulfie

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Never play with someone that lags....You shoot the zombie coming at you, but somehow it teleports behind you and starts killing everyone, cause no one can kill it...THAT was a fun match.

Don't play it while on new meds, people will get mad....I decided to try out my FIVE new allergy and sleep meds before playing with 2 close friends. I did great the first round...2nd....3rd...4th....I think the computer did better :D I shot close range shotgun at my friend, KNOWING it was him, but for some reason shot anyway. He yellled, I said sorry, then shot again and killed him! I swear, all unintentional. Still fun though.

I love the zombie rushes, the first time I saw that I didn't really know what to do. It's hard to beleive that they actually pulled off the promises they had at E3. This game is gonna be the best.
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Purplecat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:43 am

The server I was on yesterday serverside lagged at times when there was alot of zombies, which was kind of annoying really. The network connection didn't hick up, and the way the zombies moved around hinted that the server went below the default amount of ticks per second (by default it's 20 per second, in contrast TF2 have 66 ticks per second, more ticks = more accuracy and less visual lag at times, but more CPU power for the server).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:12 am

Oh yeah, if you managed to miss the TFP announcement and the official Steam news concerning this...

...L4D can be preloaded now. So jay. :9
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

With a little under 13 hours until the outbreak, what better time to arm ourselves with knowledge? A user by the name of "Magus" has posted a very in depth and technical guide to Left 4 Dead and its intricacies:

http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/inde ... topic=6102
Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Some of that information is probably more intresting to level creators than players.

Still, that there's limitations on where people can respawn is something I suspected... so I guess I will keep moving whenever a friend falls down.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Knowledge abounds! It doesn't seem like very many serious attempts have been made at clearing the movies on expert, so to help with that here is a forum posting on the best spots / strategies for completing the finales, complete with fancy MS Paint altered images: Finale Guide

The strategies mainly boil down to cowering in a corner during the hordes and then running around frantically when the tanks show up :lol: Good luck out there, make Chicago Ted proud!
Jinx

Postby Spotty Hyena » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Personally, I LOVE L4D. I can't see me having much of a social life for the next month, it's THAT good. =^^=

ONLY grip with it is, achievements not being recorded. Did Death Toll on Expert, going for Akimbo assassin, FINALLY did it, NO achievements.

Made me want to cry. =(
Spotty Hyena

Postby Jinx » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah, hopefully they'll sort out the achievement problems, I've done Barf Bagged and Safety First but it decided not to count it =/. It seems like the lobby leader has a higher chance of having their achievements recorded, so you might want to try that unless you're playing on single player. There also seems to be a problem with Lambs 2 Slaughter where in-game it'll say you've gotten it but your steam community page will say you don't have it. And why on earth would you even try going for Akimbo Assassin on expert?! That's madness! In other news, the boomer is the most hilarious infected ever: Boomer Headbang
Jinx

Previous

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2