[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Who all is or IS NOT getting L4D?

Who all is or IS NOT getting L4D?

Chicago Ted is a furry

Postby Fernin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Ok, I caved. After getting playing the demo I have decided I must get the game. >.> Unfortuantly it will likely have to wait until after January until I have the spare funds...
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Purplecat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:40 am

Just a few things I see people seem to forget about, or dosen't know. I don't claim anything below is 100% the right way to go, especially since it's a such new game but...

1. Crouching increases accuracy, and makes it easier for teammates to shoot over you (so if you're taking the lead, always crouch).
2. Using Molotov cocktail on a already lit creature is a waste of a Molotov cocktail. Just don't do it.
3. Optimally, you should use medpaks only when a player have reached third strike. Practically, you might want to consider to heal up before a full rush (and it might be a bad idea to have all four teammates crawling around with 1 hp). You have to balance in the short-term and long-term benefits (a fallen teammate is more durable than a teammate standing on two legs. More on this). A medpak resets the "fallen" counter, which is why you should preferable use it only on third strike players (white and black vision) or when medpaks are in surplus. Painkillers are plenty, so don't feel guilty about using up those. I found out in expert (with L4D demo) that it was better to hold back the medpak a little bit longer, but YMMV.
4. Fallen teammates have 400 HP from the start, which slowly depletes over time. While you should rescue them, they can survive for a really long time (untouched by zombies, that is) so make sure to clean out zombies first before you try to resurrect the poor incapitated victim.
5. Try to tell in advance when you are going to use a pipebomb/molotov. This can be hard in very stressed situations, but having two teammates throw two pipebombs/molotovs is usually a waste.
6. Molotov's are more dangerous than pipe bombs against your comrades.
7. Be fast yet alert. Don't run too ahead of your teammates, but not too behind. And remember to look everywhere for supplies.
8. Melee attacks with rightclick doesn't hurt teammates. You would be surprised to know how many who doesn't know this... oh yeah, punting away zombies while you reload can be a lifesaver sometimes.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby DarkFoxTails » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:37 pm

I got it now, although a friend and me(mostly) went through hell trying to get the game at a Fry's Electronics, only to be given attitude by a salesperson(female)<They must have hassled her about the game already on release day> and only was really helped by another salesperson(male) to give me an idea that it might come in in the afternoon. After calling different stores(and willing to pay the full price), I quit for the day, disappointed, and planing the next day. Went to the same store with my friend and his girlfriend and I found that a crap load of the games were ready for the taking. Naturally, my animal instinct made me rush up to the PC gaming section and grab a copy for myself and an extra for my friend, and a few other PC essentials(PC needs to cool down and it kills hard drives running Left 4 Dead), and left home later on in the evening. Mission Accomplish! :D Game said $49.99 on the label, but cost me $39.99 which was an extra for me. w00t!

BTW, I apologize for this extra long reply. XD
A hug would be nice... :3
DarkFoxTails

Postby Wulfie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Wulfie

Postby Makaze » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah I broke down and got it, there, happy. I"M WEAK WEAK I SAY *sobs* And....tell me there's more planned for this.....since yeah it feels like there should be more length of play to it than this

Makaze

Postby Echoen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:42 pm

The longer I do not get the game, I'm finding that I'm happier and happier that I have not gotten it.
Echoen

Postby Jinx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Jinx

Postby EuroVen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 pm

I would get the game, but from looking at all the aspects from the demo. I really don't find it at a good price, until it drops by at least $10 I will probably be getting it, $50 bucks for the game? Pfft, I rather get Call of Duty: World at War. Well, that's just my opinion so as of now, I'm not getting it.
EuroVen

Postby Purplecat » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:06 pm

This game have insane replay value. The demo is actually rather repetive. You're missing alot.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:43 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Left 4 Dead 1 & 2