[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Unlockable suggestions for Valve

Unlockable suggestions for Valve

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Purplecat » Sat May 23, 2009 11:07 am

I'm gonna post this in the steam forums too, but I wanted you guys to have some input first.

- Implement a trading/gift system. This is gonna be done.
- Make it so that if you have 3 copies of something, it won't give you another. At least you won't be getting another jar of bonk.
- Maybe you should be able to gamble away two different items for a different (random) item. At least it will put the most common items to use.
- Make players be able to influence the system, and idling players gain very little from it. If at all. (They seem to do something like this according to the TF2 blog)
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby TehBrownPup » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 pm

The longer you play as a specific class the more likely you are to receive the hat of that class per periodical item-roll. 0.1% probability increase per hour played should do the trick.
TehBrownPup

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:02 am

Add in disguises featuring hats, separate from if you have one yourself. That way Spies don't get nabbed by a hat or lack thereof. I'm not sure whether or not that's a valid risk, but I'd imagine as hats get more commonplace it'll come up. If it hasn't been done already.

Alternate drops from dead people. Rather than just dropping a weapon that gives you ammo (and/or metal), have a chance for them to drop health instead. If you want to get funky, you could theme it to the various characters. Beer stein, barbecue grill, pack of sliced Meat (for sandviches), and so on.

Also have a few ideas for Engineer and Demoman patches, but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for here.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Amethyst_Lynx » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Some sort of weapon crafting system where you use previous weapon drop things to build new, different weapons.
Amethyst_Lynx

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Angry_Squirrel

Postby Draco18s » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm

It's not weighted. I've been playing pyro almost exclusively lately and have gotten mostly non-pyro items (I still only have 1 backburner).
Draco18s

Postby Purplecat » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:19 pm

The weighted theory already ben thrown out of the window by the guy behind the idler plugin.

It's just random randomness. All is known (sorta) is the chances for getting a hat, generic items and how often the game rolls for them.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm

Something I just thought of they could do as an unlockable and/or random drop: new sounds. Make 'em old reel to reel tape players, the big, 1950's-ish ones with the wooden case and the six inch round spoked tape reels. Have one or two sets per class and just go from there.
Stormcaller3801

Return to Team Fortress 2