[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Engineer Musings

Engineer Musings

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby STrRedWolf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:40 am

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 am

The Ubersaw has shown us that a slower swing time will not be enough of a trade-off to warrant the benefit of healing [buildings] more per whack. Well, it might be, depending on how much is healed per hit, since the speed of swing *does* matter here for % healed over time. Either way, a better negative would be the removal of crits, which would make engineers rely more on being able to aim and hit with their shotgun for spys sapping their stuff rather than relying on the lucky swing of a crit wrench to foil spys' plans.

IMO the trouble with the Engineer is not what kind of sidegrades he will receive, but rather how the Sentry Guns are going to get upgraded.

I can't find the exact quote from the TF2 blog, but I distinctly recall them saying that "sentry guns have become too binary." Skilled players can take sentries out real easy-like, while they tear apart newer and less-skilled players. How they approach *that* is what I'd like to see done.

Off the top of my head, perhaps a wrench side-grade that gets no regular crits and is slower to fire, but can dish out enough excess in the Sentry that, when not locked onto an enemy, the Sentry will fire in a direction the Engineer is hitting it?

More vulnerable to spy's sapping, since the engineer can't auto-crit thwart a spy, and he can't be looking around to constantly to watch for spies. (That's where teammates come in!) The sentrygun "idle" fire would be bullets up to the firing of the rockets, at which point the bullets would stop and the sentry wouldn't fire more rockets until the currently launched ones hit an edge/fly off the map (if aimed up, for example.)
Angry_Squirrel

Return to Team Fortress 2