[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Should Pyros Have To Aim To Ignite You?

Should Pyros Have To Aim To Ignite You?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Makaze » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Makaze

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, it...isn't as if any of the weapons are remotely realistic.

I mean, if the flamethrower was intended to be realistic, anyone it was used on would be dead long BEFORE they caught fire.

So.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby AltoSkunk » Thu May 28, 2009 2:17 pm

After playing Killzone 2, I want that flamethrower. It shoots a stream of flammable liquid, rather than a spray of flammable mist. Makes it so you actually need to aim. The good thing about a flamethrower like that is you can set sort-of mini traps, making a little puddle of flaming stuff just as a crow of people is about to make its way through the door. It's a more strategic way of setting traps, rather than a couple classes I can think of.
AltoSkunk

Postby slickwuff » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:30 pm

I hardly play pyro much, mainly cause I hate them so much that I refuse to play as the lolfire class. I seek out the more challenging classes that you have to practice at to succeed. My usual class is Engy, with Spy coming in as my new favorite class, and I especially despise Pyros when playing as one. One thing I notice is when Pyros go into spy-paranoia mode they tend to puff constantly. Which is generally the most effective, but also complely cheap to Spys who havent even shown their presence yet. I'd think if they made like 10 ammo used up to startup the flamethrower it might reduce puffers and have it so you have to manage your ammo a bit more carefully as a pyro. Another idea would be to make a ramping up ammo cost the longer you keep the stream of flame going, like after 3-5 seconds your ammo starts getting used up twice as quickly, would help reduce alot of the W+M1 pyros out there.
slickwuff

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:58 pm

I've played Pyro a few times. And having played Pyro a few times, I would like to offer these thoughts on it:

We need to nerf Medics. Seriously. I mean, let's face it, running up to someone, holding down M1, zig-zagging all over the place and filling you full of needles? That's just not fair. And they get 150 shots to boot, plus that high rate of fire and a clip size of 40. I've seen Medics charge up and take out Heavies before the Heavies were even aware they were there. Spies it's even worse. Those Mediguns they don't even have to look at the person they're healing. How fair is it that they can heal someone behind them? Or from that far away? And when Medics get the idea to start Spychecking? Needles everywhere. And good luck if you want to try and trick them into healing you. With the Medic patch they've got that Ubersaw thing now, and not only can they kill you outright, but they get 25% of an Ubermeter out of it. I've seen two Medics, one Ubering the other, just running around with an Ubersaw and switching back and forth so they never stopped being invulnerable. I swear we could've stopped them on Goldrush if not for that sort of cheesy tactics. Oh sure they say that it's hard to play a Medic, and that you can beat them, but seriously. I can't count how many people thats should've been killed except they duck around a corner and the next thing you know they're back up to full health while I'm still waiting for a Medipack to respawn.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Kumagoro » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Kumagoro

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:30 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 am

Wait, wait- Medics can extinguish people?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:43 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Okay, thought that was it. Otherwise I'd need to find the customer service number for TF Industries....
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2