[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Should Pyros Have To Aim To Ignite You?

Should Pyros Have To Aim To Ignite You?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Chevallier LaChance » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Truthfully I liked the pyro before the latest update valve put out...he was perfect then. Now so many W+M1 Pyros are plaguing the server..
I kissed a horse and I liked it.
Chevallier LaChance

Postby Rayne » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:01 pm

I just love the pyro is all. :'(
Rayne

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Dusty » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:20 am

I killed a undisguised spy (litterally he hadn't even stabbed anyone) and pointed out that disguising DOES help slightly. He promptly told me that I should play a class that requires aim.

I've played pyro since before the patch and trust me it is not w+m1. As stated 90+ times in this thread :P

Is he easy to pick up? Yes, but so is soldier. Does he require actual practice to master? Yes like every other class.

Just imagine what is was like BEFORE they added the sizzle sound to let you know you were actually hitting :P IT WAS MADDENING!
Dusty

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:23 am

Pyros are frustrating as spy, but they're also easier, IMO, to get away from than, say, soldiers.

Pyros don't get stabbed often. Spies generally avoid them; so for this reason, they don't typically watch their backs.

They have a tendency to charge like bulls after prey, if they're convinced they'll win, so it's SO, SO, SO EASY to cloak, and double back to get away from them.

Whereas soldiers are like

NOPE YOU WENT THIS WAY HAHAHAHA

And even if they miss you by a mile, splash damage + flicker + second rocket.

Unless it's Doom. Then he'll inevitably decide to shoot random rockets, and somehow, his one crit rocket will seek me out, and kill me, when he doesn't even know I exist. D: FRAU SEEKING MISSILES!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I still see no problem with pyro as he is now. :<
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Dravu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:53 am

Dravu

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 am

Playing soldier, and playing pyro, I can safetly say...

I find it easier to kill people as soldier. :<

More HP, I may be slow but I can hit targets further AWAY, and usually kill things with just enough HP to waddle off toward a source of more health, and ammo.

As pyro I think I average 3-4 kills per life, maybe?

As soldier, that's considerably higher. D: I like...never die as soldier. Ever. Unless I'm purposefully suicide-running.

Although the ability to roll the flames out would be hilarious.

And not much of a nerf;

because they'd be vulnerable while doing this, and anyone could shoot them. :o
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Angry_Squirrel

Postby Dusty » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Dusty

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2