[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Map Testing/Suggestions

Map Testing/Suggestions

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

The updated version of hoodoo was pushed through in the update yesterday. It apparently includes abuncha tweaks from the map designer to fix the 2-2 point, making it much easier to attack.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:21 am

Angry_Squirrel

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:30 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Arcalane » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Jinx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:09 am

cp_titan another map by one of our community members :3
Jinx

Postby Kyle » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in testing out a map I've been working on? It's not quite ready to play just yet, I'm thinking sometime this weekend, but maybe you can check out the screens and let me know! I don't know if this deserves its own thread or not - feel free to split it if you think it does!

koth_ezofuji

ImageImageImageImageImage

This is my first TF2 map (though not my first map with Hammer), set atop two mountains. I started it back in May and have been working off and on since then. It was originally a 3 point CP map, with two other cap points at the tops of the mountains, but upon testing people found it was just too damn hard to climb the mountains after taking the middle point. As such, I thought this layout would be better suited to KOTH, since it makes spawn camping difficult and will probably allow more turnovers as a result. Some stuff is still left over from the 3-point layout, such as multiple spawn rooms, but I have some ideas on how to use them. Let me know what you think so far!
Kyle

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

I find this maps layout and graphics intriguing! It looks pretty from the screenies. Post a link or somethin so we can check it out.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Lost » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 pm

That map reminds me of a map i played in UT2K4 snow levels are real fun to play on.
When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Postby Kyle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, here it is! The alpha release of Ezofuji is now available - in a 7zip or bz2 archive!

Download koth_ezofuji_a1 (7zip, 4MB)
Download koth_ezofuji_a1 (bz2, 9.5MB)

It should look about the same as the pics I posted. Let me know if you encounter any missing textures. This is the first playable build I've made, so I'm pretty much in the dark as to how it will turn out. I gave it a quick run through myself, so there at least shouldn't be any crippling bugs. Some things I do know about, though, include:

- You can actually start capping the point before the countdown, though I don't think it's a big deal.
- The map looks somewhat crappy with full HDR on. I did some tonemapping adjustments, and the sky was compiled for HDR, but I'm still kinda new to the concept. The fog doesn't seem to blend with the sky very well. It still looks good with bloom turned on, though.
- There are some rooms just below the regular spawn which look like spawn points - these were used when it was a 3 point CP map, and just disabled in case I do revisit the concept again.

Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think! I've only ever tested the map out once before with like 4 people, so it would be cool if it was tested on a more active server, but it's my first TF2 map so I'm not expecting much!
Last edited by Kyle on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle

Postby Zenny0004 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:42 am

Zenny0004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2