[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Map Testing/Suggestions

Map Testing/Suggestions

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby MaskedJackal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

I'd like to suggest cp_mainline. I'm not sure exactly which map it can be compared to, but it's a 5CP push map in the vein of Granary, Fastlane, Freight ect. I played it on another server a few times and I really enjoyed it. =)

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9967
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey, I thought I would show you guys an old map I've been working on recently. I originally posted a build of this like 6 months ago, and since then I haven't done much until now. I'm hoping to get it hosted for testing on TFP servers soon, if anyone's interested in it. Here's some recent screenshots (compiled without HDR though):

ImageImageImageImage

The goal when I originally built this was to make a KOTH map where spawn camping was almost impossible, and to discourage rushing the other team once you've capped the point.

- Both teams spawn on the top of their respective mountains, with a sentry guarding the exit just in case.
- The map is pretty large. There's several routes to get down from the spawn, but heading back up is time consuming. Hopefully, this will make engineers more useful.
- Cheap 2D clouds are just there to block the view of snipers. I might need to do more to obscure the view of the cap point.
- Capture time is really fast, something like 3 seconds I believe.

There's no download for it yet, as I still need to optimize. I didn't use any hint brushes, and all the portals go to the top of the skybox, meaning the entire map is drawn at once right now :) However, I'll have something soon if you guys are interested!
Kyle

Postby Jinx » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Looks great Kyle! We're going to be doing another maptest here soon so we'll be sure to add it to the list when you get it optimized and stuff :)
Jinx

Postby Purplecat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Instead of cheap looking 2D clouds, why not some kind of blimp?
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Lucky Number 13 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey do any of your servers test alpha stage maps?
The gameplay works (it even has a train yay), but it is dev textured - so is there a home for anything of this stage here? It is in need of testing somewhere!
Lucky Number 13

Postby Jinx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Provided the map is stable I don't see why we couldn't throw it up with our next map test. Only thing is it would be ineligible to be added to the mapcycle. Psy's plr_nightfall was a great map but he never did finish it D:
Jinx

Postby Lucky Number 13 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Okay, well here is the map, guess you might want to have a look around on it before deciding (:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1695769/cp_cons ... a5.bsp.bz2

Unless any GLARING issues come up in the testing of a5, I will be trying to get a6 as a textured version.
Lucky Number 13

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 am

Well, here's the download for Ezofuji! I'm calling it beta 1 for now, where the last release 6 months ago was alpha 1. It's certainly a lot closer to completion anyway.

KOTH_Ezofuji Beta 1 (10.1MB)

Here's a new batch of screenshots from this version, now with HDR! I prefer using LDR + bloom, but I did tonemap adjustments so it should look fine either way.

ImageImageImageImage

Notes:
- 24 players are supported, although I could add more if needed.
- There's some small graphic bugs, such as a stretched dirt texture near RED's mountain, but nothing significant (that I've seen).
- Don't walk along the edge of the fences by the water or you'll die! Also, don't swim in the water or you'll slowly freeze to death. There are solid chunks of ice in the middle which allow you to cross, though.
- There are a couple hidden rooms on the map, one on each team's side. I was going to add in some furry art as an easter egg of sorts (maybe something promoting TFP), but I didn't get around to asking permission from anyone. I'm sure you guys can spray all sorts of fine stuff once you find the rooms, though :)
- The text file mentions TF2maps.net, although I have yet to post it there!
- See if you can spot a very subtle LOST reference somewhere in the map.

Hope everything works, and I'd love to see it in the maptest! Let me know what you think!
Kyle

Postby swaty » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:13 pm

So beta 2 includes some drastic changes starting wtih the middle area,
the cave being totally removed due to being too big and being too hard
to get the intel from the enemy's base so b2 has that fixed and the map is 100% playable now.
I re textured both bases since people were complaining not being able to know
which base is which so thats fixed too. Also, I added another route to the intel room to make it easier get the intel
and ton of other improvements as well.

Download
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=12609

Updated first post with new info/pics.

Beta 2 Changlog:

-Added rails on the sides to make it less pyro friendly.
-Added another route out of the intel room to make it easier getting the intel.
-Removed the windows above the intel room.
-Scaled down the water.
-Fixed clipping problems.
-Added more signs throughout the map.
-Added more detail throughout the map.
-Fixed lighting errors.
-Retextured both bases so its easier to know on which base you are on.
-Removed the whole middle area(the cave) due to being too dificult to get the intel from the enemy's base.
-Removed a side route at mid being useless.
-Fixed ton of visual glitches
-Added more lights.
-Improved FPS by a lot.
-Added spec cameras.
-Improved visually the 3D skybox

Updated Screenshots:

swaty

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2