[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Arcalane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:09 pm

I would rather have a faithful objective-based recreation of AS_Convoy than a cheap sniper-fest of a CTF map, tbqh.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Atchhoat » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Hate. It.
Atchhoat

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 pm

There are a number of irritating bugs as well. For example, the room forward of the intelligence (where you can drop down through the hatch)? Sentries can't turn and shoot anyone in there even if they're in plain, full-body line of sight of the sentry. It physically cannot target into that room, even if it's right on the middle of the intel desk. :?

There's also the fact Snipers can get up onto the rocket -somehow-, and have a practically perfect view of the battlefield due to incredibly sparse amounts of cover.

I like the concept of battles fought on a moving environment like trains or massive vehicles, no matter how impractical, but Convoy is just a poor execution. AS_HiSpeed (from UT'99) might make a pretty good CP Assault map, especially if they went to the effort of making custom props and a fancy custom helicopter and all.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:59 am

So what was wrong with cp_blackmesa anyway?

It was understandable that people wanted it off the rotation before as it was a big map that took ages to download on the old file server, but that's not the problem anymore. And I love the map for it's dozens of alternate paths, even if it's little easy to get lost.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby cpctail » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 am

Actually I don't see a problem with Blackmesa. Though I've only played on the map maybe five times >.>. It seems pretty balanced and fun. I think it's fine being in the rotation o.O
cpctail

Postby Jinx » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:11 pm

I'd like to see Black Mesa added back into the rotation, especially since it's been updated since we've last played on it (v2t3 is the latest I think?) And can somebody tell me why dbheights keeps showing up so often? XD
Jinx

Postby Makaze » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Makaze

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:51 pm

*shrug* The common mistake I see is newbies taking the alternate routes constantly on that map, usually winding up lost most of the time. If you keep yourself to the main path in the beginning, you won't really get lost.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby ratty » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:26 am

One thing I do on my server is have a different admin be in charge of the mapcycle each week. If you don't have a lot of admins, you could open it up to the regulars.
I have no stake in this, I just saw this thread and thought, maybe they can use this idea.
ratty

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2