[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Arcalane » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 pm

It seems it's usually just black mesa that people have trouble with from what I've seen. It's oddly picky.
JimmyChopblock

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

On the Pit Furs community server, I was introduced to this little gem:

CP Arena Trains
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/63130

I say, what faggotry is this, you may ask? Is it CP? Arena? Will it blend? Yes it does! It's a weird hybrid of both, with Arena's enclosure map formation and CP's objectives. If you have played the 'Jailbreak' mod from Unreal Tournament 2004, then you will know exactly what to do here.

The area is an enclosed rail station arena. The entire area is a cap point. Both teams spawn in their 'cell' and are released at map start, and as long as one player on a team is 'free', their enemy cannot win the match. This makes a situation where both teams must kill everyone on the enemy team while defending their back room in their territory. The back room is like the jail lock from 'Jailbreak': If an enemy gets into that room, they can release their respawned teammates from their cell to keep the fight going.

Rounds tend to be quick and over in one to three minutes. It was novel enough to still be fun and engaging after 12 rounds. I recommend we give it a shot!
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm all for removing ctf_badlands_classic_b3e out of the mapcycle.

And if the level downloads are troubling for people again, might want to look over with another host even. :/
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm

I've offered up this domain as a host, just need to talk to you, Ailure, about setting that up.
Witchiebunny

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Wulfie » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:25 pm

Wulfie

Postby Echoen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 am

I miss Convoy.
Echoen

Postby RumRunner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2