[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

TFP Map Cycle (Adding or Removing from the Cycle)

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 am

Black mesa I dislike because of several things. First, it feels haphazard. I'm sure that time and effort was put into it, and I don't mean to disparage that, but it really feels like someone gave up halfway through. I think that may be due to the attempt to translate Half Life terrain into TF2, but I'm not sure- with things like the Donkey Kong, Mario, and Duke Nukem levels, there's still a feeling of completeness. Black mesa feels like someone lost interest partway in, then just did the minimum to finish it out. It may be very true to the source, I don't know. But I don't really care to play it, and if I spectate I have no idea where half of what's going on, is going on.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Teddytiger » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 am

I personally would like to see the 'Giant Room' maps placed back into the rotation. I know Bedrooms is still there, but could we put back CP Scout's Apartment and CP Rat's Tequila? That one in particular is a very fun map, I know folks loved playing it when it was on the TFP Server.
If you plan on kicking a tiger in it's ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth...
Teddytiger

Postby Teddytiger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:47 am

If you plan on kicking a tiger in it's ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it's teeth...
Teddytiger

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 pm

We usually don't respond to these. If we like the map it appears on a maptest, if not then it won't :P
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Purplecat » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 pm

To be honest, quirk maps that isn't following the TF2 theme are unlikely to be added to the server cycle of 1-5. Possible that they appear on 6 and 9 however.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 pm

In regards to Giant Room maps (Known as Rat Maps), 6 also has Toy Fort on it, which is a really really fun ratmap.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Salen Stormwing » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Not that I know anything about how map cycles work or how you can set servers up, but is it possible we can have one server dedicated to Payload maps? I love me some payload games. Or anything with a dedicated offense on one side and defense on the other. Just something where there's a nice Offense/Defense split.

Also, is it possible to make a server a Highlander-style server? That's not so wanted, as pure Offense/Defense gametypes one a server. But specifically Payload if you can. Ferrets love stickybombing the cart! :D
Salen Stormwing

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2